Fast growing £multimillion SME to the construction industry seek a commercially dynamic Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
SALARY: £50,000- £55,000 dependent on experience
BENEFITS: Company Car, 29 days holiday, Pension, DIS, Mobile
As a fast growing £multimillion SME we provide a genuinely unique offering to the construction market with our innovative capital equipment service solutions. We integrate seamlessly, forming the backbone for a variety of high profile and complex projects.
Having seen substantial growth we are looking to strengthen our infrastructure with the appointment of a Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor. You will be commercially dynamic, someone who embraces our team spirit, has the knowledge to guide and desire to add value at a senior level.
This is an excellent opportunity to be a key player in creating and moulding the future direction of a vibrant business making an impact on the construction industry. If you wish for the autonomy to lead your way, have a healthy work life balance and feel rewarded both financially and in your career; please apply.
AS THE COMMERCIAL MANAGER/ SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR YOU WILL:
* Review all incoming pre and post contracts (Contractors, End Users, Local Authorities).
* Identify, evaluate and provide calculated options to minimise risk and accountability to the business.
* Support Operations and Sales teams with the strategy for minimising risk, avoiding disputes and maximising opportunity.
* Costing jobs; providing clear understanding of commercial delivery against materials and resource required.
* Implement robust controls and processes to highlight any variations in contract delivery and subsequent penalties incurred.
* Agree interim and final account measurements and manage the settling of final accounts.
* Monitor project finances and contractual relationships.
Essentially you will be a shrewd individual who has an excellent understanding of contractual and building legislation within the Construction industry.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE COMMERCIAL MANAGER/ SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR POSITION YOU WILL:
* Ideally be educated to Degree level (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Law or
Corporate Business) or qualified by experience.
* Display exceptional knowledge and understanding of contractual law.
* Have the ability to cost out jobs (e.g. materials, labour).
* Demonstrate a proven track record of effectively handling pre and post contracts contract negotiations (JCT, NEC and bespoke contracts).
* Exhibit a highly numerical and commercial acumen.
* Be a sharp negotiator with exceptional communication skills to forge credibility quickly.
* Display a calm and confident demeanour in highly pressured and conflicting environments.
* Be confident with a variety of IT packages (Windows Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Although we have advertised this role as a Commercial Manager you may also have held the position of a Senior Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultant, Building, Commercial Cost Manager, Project Quantity Manager, Procurement Manager, Civil, Project Manager, Lawyer, JCT, Head of Legal, Construction, Senior Regulatory Legal & Compliance Manager, RCIS, Contracts Manager, Legal Advisor, CSCS, Management Accountant, Work Contracts, Compliance Manager, Head of Corporate & Commercial Legal Services, Bid Manager, Solicitor or Legal Consultant.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Commercial Manager / Senior Quantity Surveyor reference CG1802-01 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683330 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.