We are on the hunt for a Credit Control and Operations Manager to manage and motivate a team of 6 direct reports and a further team of 25. Every day will be different and we would like someone with excellent management experience who can motivate, develop and support a significant team through various change programs as we grow.”
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000 5% annual bonus Company Pension Healthcare Scheme Life Assurance
THE ROLE IS BASED IN NORTHAMPTON
WE ENVISAGE COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS TO BE: Milton Keynes, Bedford, Daventry, Rugby, Oxford, Banbury and Leicester.
CREDIT CONTROL AND OPERATIONS MANAGER – CONSUMER / MOTOR FINANCE
Due to continued growth we need a Credit Control & Operations Manager who has previous experience working within the consumer finance industry, whether it’s personal loans, motor or any other kind of consumer finance product.
You will manage 6 direct reports and a further team of 25; split between Credit Control, Remarketing, Legal and Customer Service functions.
THE CHALLENGE – Credit Control and Operations Manager – Consumer / Motor Finance
Your ultimate aim as the Credit Control and Operations Manager is to ensure credit control and the wider operations team is running at an optimum level. You will have full autonomy to drive effectiveness through new process implementation and a new management style.
We’re on the hunt for someone who can work from both a holistic level and also be hands on. We’re a really down to earth business and we all muck in where we have to. For this Collections Managers position, we are looking for strong people management skills and the ability to motivate teams. When you start we envisage your role will be to carry out the following types of tasks, but this will obviously change as you settle in. Initially you will:-
* Review the team to understand more about the team and their working practices.
* Work with the team supervisors and build strong relationships to ensure succession planning and development.
* Mentor, coach and develop the team leaders to ensure they are gaining the very best efficiencies from their teams, but also ensure they are working together to achieve results.
* Work closely with the Head of Collections to deliver the strategy and a wider business model.
* Develop day to day KPI’s, targets and measures to ensure maximum results.
* As we go through an aggressive growth phase, help nurture talent through change plans and development.
* Work with independent and larger 3rd parties to achieve optimised collection results.
* You will bring a commercial outlook and understand the impacts, implications and the need for ROI.
* Take responsibility for a set of accounts to keep your hand in and to help train and develop others.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR: -
* A Credit Control specialist with experience of managing wider operational teams.
* Someone who has a track record of developing working practices and process.
* Experience in driving subtle change programs, whether it be process or cultural.
* Someone who can fit into hands on transparent culture and be part of a tight senior team.
* Someone with at least of 3 years of experience in consumer finance collections, accounts receivable or a related area.
* IT literate and expert user on Excel, experience of Visio would be beneficial.
* Someone who has experience of working in regulated environments and knowledge of the following; CCA 1974, FCA and FOS.
WHO ARE WE?
We are a fast paced family run organisation. We care about our staff and have a proven and successful track record of retaining our staff. We are growing and evolving and need the very best people to help us on our journey.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of following types of roles – Finance Operations Manager, Collections Manager, Credit Control Manager, Debt Control Manager, Collections Operations Manager or Head of Credit Control.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Kerry Austin quoting Credit Control and Operations Manager - Consumer Finance and reference KA1802-64 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683315 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.