Based in the centre of Northampton we require a contracts and compliance professional to join our business (professional body). Providing advice on commercial, IP, data and company / charity law you will be pivotal in the continued growth and strategic accomplishments of our organisation.
SALARY: £ 45,000 - £55,000
BENEFITS: 23 Days holiday, contributory pension (9%).
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bedford, Leicester, Peterborough, Coventry, Milton Keynes, Cambridge, Oxford, or Luton.
THE CONTRACTS AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER ROLE SHOULD APPEAL TO YOU IF YOU:
* Proactively drive and champion all aspects of quality and compliance.
* Enjoy using a mix of data, commercial and compliance awareness to influence, persuade and motive others.
* Wish to be in a role which you can really create, develop and influence the progression of the position.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Contracts and Compliance Manager
As the Contracts and Compliance Manager your role is to provide advice to colleagues and trustees on the commercial, data, intellectual property issues in the group’s activities; on charity and company law and act as the groups data controller working with senior managers to ensure the business can achieve it strategic objectives.
KEY TASKS - Contracts and Compliance Manager
* Provide contract advice and drafts to colleagues and trustees, with a particular focus on commercial, data and intellectual property.
* Review all new and existing supplier contacts ensuring suitability.
* Liaise with the Head of Sales to create and update effective terms and conditions for product launches.
* Ensure the charity complies with all external authorities – for example GDPR
* Act as the contact point for the charities commission and other similar external bodies.
Ultimately your interest in this role will be making it your own, working with some amazingly driven, intellectual people; the sense of achievement will be outstanding.
ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU WILL HAVE DONE:
We do need a contracts and compliance professional, which means you will have gone through audits and accreditations, whilst not a qualified lawyer you will have created commercially sound terms and conditions and able to offer suitable advice covering a wide range of scenarios. A clear understanding of either company or charity law is essential.
As a professional body we need to balance the demand to be commercially smart whilst working within the ethics and morality of a charity, we have to set the standards others strive for.
Ideally you will be a member of a member of a professional body (could be CILEX, CIPS, CIMA or others) and see the benefits and role we play.
Customer focused, with a tenacious yet flexible approach – sometimes you will have to bend!
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Corporate Law, Charity law, Professional Body, Bursary, Education, Legal Compliance or others
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Contracts and Compliance Manager – Transforming Resource Management - reference SP1712-51 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.