Multi-billion, global manufacturer to the automotive industry require a Quality Engineer to prepare and implement ISO50001. Based in Banbury you will be our site Environmental expert igniting minds and reducing our environmental impact.
SALARY: £32,000-£37,250 dependent on experience
BENEFITS: Contributory Pension 25 days holiday
COMMUTABLE: Oxford, Birmingham, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Worcester, Aylesbury
Ultimately you will have a genuine interest in reducing the manufacturing environmental impact on our world. With strong ethics and hands on determination you will guide our business in the continuous improvement of our working practises and processes, ensuring compliance to current legislation and raising the bar to actively minimise our environmental impact.
With an already established environmental, health and safety focused team you will be joining our business as the Environmental expert (75%/ Health & Safety 25%). Your advice and guidance will be paramount to the successful implementation of new procedures and corrective measures. The applied knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO50001 will also be critical in leading the achievement of ISO50001 and maintaining and updating an EMS system.
As principal of our Energy Committee you will develop activities and initiatives to achieve our CCA goals; whilst identifying and encouraging environmental champions in sharing awareness and reducing waste.
THIS WILL INTEREST YOU IF YOU!
* Want to join a global manufacturer who actively is investing in reducing their risk to the environment.
* Wish to make a difference across multiple sites with a heavily bias environmental focus.
* Thrive on developing processes and procedures within growing operations.
LOCATION: To be successful in your application you must be commutable to the Banbury office, alternatively be in the process of or willing to relocate to a suitable commutable location.
ULTIMATELY AS THE ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY ENGINEER YOU WILL:
* Hold a proven track record in environmental management within a manufacturing environment.
* Have successfully implemented or gone through a reaccreditation process of ISO14001. Any knowledge of ISO50001 would be highly advantageous.
* Display an aptitude in designing, writing and implementing robust environmental, quality and health & safety programmes.
* Be an effective communicator who is professionally and credibly strong with regulators, contractors, suppliers, consultants and company associates.
* Have a valid IEMA membership.
* Demonstrate a clear understanding of legislature, regulations & codes of practice.
Although we have advertised this role as an Environmental Sustainability Engineer you may also have held any of the following titles or worked within the following industries: Environmental Manager, EHS Specialist, SHEQ Manager, Automotive, EHS Manager, ISO50001, Quality Manager, Health, BREEAM, Pharmaceutical, Environmental Engineer, CIBSE, Lead Auditor, Regulator, Senior Auditor, QHSE Manager, ISO14001, Sustainability Manager, Food, Defence, MOD, Oil and Gas or IEMA.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare quoting Environmental Sustainability Engineer reference CG1709-24 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683330 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.