We are seeking an experienced Senior Contracts Manager with a proven track record in Public Sector/ Government Contracts, either as a supplier or from a procurement perspective, to join our Senior Leadership Team and play a pivotal part in our continued growth and future strategy.
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000
BENEFITS: Pension 25 Days Holiday Benefits
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Lincoln, Sheffield, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Corby, Peterborough, Grantham, Boston, Skegness, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Newark-on-Trent, Worksop.
We are a Commercial Social Enterprise that develops the skills of young people. We work with a range of organisations & partners, providing specialised services and solutions for Education and Business
This Senior Contracts Manager role should appeal to you if you:
- Proactively use your knowledge and experience of Government Policy and Political Agenda to champion organisational strategy.
- Have a commitment to the support and welfare of children and young people.
- Wish to be in a role that will enable you to create and develop your career whilst influencing the direction of our business.
This is a hugely challenging and exciting, multi-faceted role and as Senior Contracts Manager your key responsibilities will include:
A full and detailed role breakdown is available on application.Senior Contracts Manager Personal Profile:
- Policy – Become our organisations thought leader, demonstrating knowledge of Government Policy and Political Agendas in a young people context. This will inform our ongoing business strategy for the coming years.
- Strategic Contract Lead – you will assume the strategic lead for our primary existing multi-million pound contract, including supplier & sub-contractor quality control & budgetary reporting.
- OJEU – you will be at the forefront of identifying & engaging with new potential opportunities for business development through the management of RFPs, RFQs and ITBs, ensuring our ongoing diversification.
- Personnel - Daily management of a team of 7, including a number of remote team members, providing high value leadership and ongoing professional development.
- Internal – work closely with our Senior Executive Team across the Trust, ensuring you build and maintain Trusted Advisor status through the delivery of regular and accurate information.
You MUST have:
- Experience of managing government contracts, either as a supplier or a procurer.
- Experience of policy formation & implementation.
- Demonstrable project management experience – ideally of simultaneous, multiple projects of large value (£5m - £10m ).
- A history / knowledge in Education and /or CYP (Children & Young People) Governmental agendas.
- Management of teams, including the successful management / motivation of remote teams.
Any experience of Merlin Supply Chain or Purchase Agreement Matrices would be highly desirable. BUSINESS PROFILE:
Senior Contracts Manager
Established in 2001, we are a passionate social enterprise that employs over 60 people across 3 UK locations. We create innovative partnerships with organisations that help to support young people to develop the skills they need to thrive and survive in today’s commercial world.
You may currently be working in or have experience of working in the following sectors:
Education Advisory Services, Education Sales, Education Policy, Education Strategy, Commercial Contract Management, Operations, Local Authority, Central Government, NGO, Charity, Third Sector, Not-For-Profit, OFSTED, Apprentice Schemes, Youth Mental Health, Youth Employability,
Your job role may be that of:
Senior Contract Manager, Head of Contracts, Operations Manager, Procurement Manager, Policy Advisor, Team Leader, Head of Strategy, Sub-contract Manager, Supplier Manager.
Please Note - Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them. INTERESTED?
Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Senior Contracts Manager reference LH1801-69 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.