We are an independent, friendly, family orientated manufacturer and distributor of plastic and biodegradable consumables. As a result of a valued member of our team relocation we now have a permanent opportunity for an experienced Class 1 HGV Driver based out of our Northampton DC.
** Nights Out (2/3 max) per week will be required as the delivery routes will be across the UK**
SALARY: £24,000 (Based on Basic Working Week Overtime)
BENEFITS: 42.5 Hours a Week (08:00-17:00) 20 Days Holidays (plus Bank Holidays) Overtime (Weekdays x 1.25, Saturday x 1.5, Sundays and Bank Holidays x 2)
* You will be required to deliver the portfolio of company products to retail clients, RDC’s, sporting venues and other destinations, across the UK meeting dedicated delivery slots on a daily basis.
* Your main duties will involve driving a Class 1 vehicle but you may be expected to be able to drive Class 2 (up to 18 tonnes) when needed.
* You will be working DAY SHIFTS 8-5pm, Monday to Friday – however earlier starts are required on a regular basis where overtime is earned.
* 2/3 Nights Out a week are required. A night out allowance will be paid.
* You will also be required to carry out warehouse duties (pick and pack) when not out on the road and once returned to the yard, helping to load and unload vehicles.
* Uniform will be provided.
* As the driver of the vehicles, you must undertake an effective appraisal and inspection of every vehicle, report all vehicle damage accurately, and undertake a full vehicle daily defect check of the vehicle before every movement and record accordingly, if necessary.
* You must abide by the regulations relating to tachograph, driver hours and Working Time Regulations whilst driving safely and professionally with due care and attention to other road users, abiding by the Highway Code / Road Traffic Act.
REQUIREMENTS: HGV - Class 1 Driver
* Possession of a clean Class 1 (C&E) Licence
* Driver CPC qualification
* Current Counter Balance / Forklift licence would be advantageous
* Excellent references
We are one of the UK’s leading independent manufacturers and distributors of disposable catering accessories within the hospitality industry. This HGV Driver will be based out of the Northampton DC with the Head Office of the company based in the Southern Home Counties.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Tracey FitzGerald quoting HGV – Class 1 Driver reference TF1802-45
Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857.
Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.