Opportunity for a Graduate Chemist to develop their career with a manufacturer of specialty chemicals.
SALARY: £23,000 to £27,000 base
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: 20 days holiday
LOCATION: Ashby de La Zouch, Swadlincote, Coalville, Tamworth, Nuneaton
A recent Chemistry Graduate required for an independent Chemical manufacturer of Automotive, Household & Industrial Cleaning, maintenance and speciality products. As Part of a small but growing independent chemical manufacturing group we produce our own formulations for our clients brands as well as own label products for other major clients. Following a recent acquisition we are looking to invest in this person and the manufacturing site and ultimately a purpose built Lab. .
JOB FUNCTION – Graduate Chemist
You will be required to carry out routine chemical analyses and related investigative work with a strong emphasis on problem solving and providing technical service support for range of products.
In addition there will be opportunities to work on new formulations for new projects, support new developments in existing products and to develop new analytical techniques in particular areas, applying wider chemistry knowledge to support existing and new products/processes.
The work is bench & laboratory based, often following established or routine procedures but with some scope to develop new methods and, depending on experience and own personal interest.
You will interact with internal processing staff and our customers across a diverse range of markets including, personal care, consumer and industrial sectors.
GRADUATE CHEMIST DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Complete Development and formulation and re-formulation of new and existing products to meet International customer requirements
* Product evaluation, formulation development & sample preparation
* Re-formulation of existing products for performance or cost benefits
* Assessment of new raw material suitability
* Management of on-site customer trials
* Investigating and resolution of customer complaints
* Provide technical expertise to the Board and customers.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customer contacts and raw material suppliers
PERSON REQUIREMENTS – Graduate Chemist
We are looking for a Recent Graduate Chemist who believes their career lies within a laboratory/R&D based environment. We would therefore be delighted to receive applications from those who meet the following criteria:
* A BSc/MSc in analytical chemistry or in a chemical science with a strong emphasis on analytical chemistry.
* Experience of working in a laboratory operating some analytical instrumentation either in employment or as a student intern.
* A team player mentality, but one who is also able to work independently.
* An attitude and willingness to help support the wider operations of a manufacturing site where all support each other and contribute to smooth and safe operations.
• A willingness to work in a bench and laboratory environment in a hands-on role.
• The ability to work under pressure and organise your work to meet time bound deadlines.
It is highly likely you are a recent Graduate Chemist or have some experience within industry in one or more of the following roles and/or markets / products and/or services:
* Chemist – detergent chemistry
* Development Chemist,
* Lab Manager,
* Formulation Chemist.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Graduate Chemist, reference IL1708-72 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683306 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.