Project Manager - Civil Engineering / Construction is needed to help move this established environmental consultancy with an evolving culture onto the next level. We need game changers.
SALARY: £50,000 - £60,000, BENEFITS: Pension, Bonus
LOCATION: Nottingham – Work from home available
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Derby, Leicester, Mansfield, Sheffield, Nottingham
JOB SPECIFICATION - Project Manager – Civil Engineering - Construction
As the Principle Project Manager you will lead, develop and grow an already effective project management function. You’ll bring fresh new eyes and ears to support the evolution of the way this business operates. We’re looking for game changers.
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND REQUIRED:-
* Ideally you will understand and have worked with NEC contracts.
* Be familiar with large scale Civil Engineering and Construction projects.
* Your will have previously worked for either local authority or a large blue chip civil, construction or engineering businesses.
* An all - round out-going and down to earth type of person.
* Experience of managing virtual project teams, direct team management.
What you will be doing as the Project Manager – Civil Engineering – Construction:
* Develop a 1,-3 and 3-5 year development plan in line with the wider corporate strategy.
* Manage high profile development projects.
* Lead, manage, develop and recruit a team of Programme Manager / Project Managers – to ensure that existing and new programmes are met to time and budget.
* Working with detailed NEC portfolio of Contracts you will manage all third parties to deliver projects to time and on budget.
* Identify and develop opportunities to increase ROI and improve the overall spend per project.
* To manage third party contractors to develop schemes to deliver enhanced cost savings and provide continuous improvements to a portfolio of NEC managed contracts.
* To proactively encourage best practice across everything that you do.
* Manage a budget a budget of between £6-8m YOY.
* To identify opportunities where process improvements can be made and support the business by implementing change.
* To support research and development projects
It is highly likely you would have previously worked within the following jobs. Principle Project Manager – NEC3 / Civil Eng, Civil Engineering Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Head of Projects, Programme Manager - Civil Engineering.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our consultant Philip Monkman quoting Project Manager – Civil Engineering - Construction, reference PM1704-49A to DD: 44 (0)1604 683308 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.