In an exciting period of growth for a well-established and profitable UK manufacturer of thermoforming / packaging machinery, we are looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer to further develop a new, revolutionary packaging machinery range.
SALARY: up to £35,000 Company Pension 20 Days Holiday (rising with service)
AREA – Office based in Derby
Established almost 40 years ago, we have built an excellent reputation for developing leading edge, innovative packaging and device manufacturing equipment for customers globally.
ROLE – Mechanical Design Engineer
As part of a large investment, we are in the process of launching an exciting new product to market and are now expanding our internal mechanical design team.
Working at our new custom built premises in Derby, you will be part of a dedicated design team tasked with:
1) Refining and evolving the design of the core product – fine tuning, adding and augmenting features / broadening the range of applications.
2) Reacting to customer requirements and problem solving on various design challenges related to bespoke tooling / customisation.
You will support these projects from concept through to commissioning including the production of a user requirement specification. In addition, throughout the project, you will create 3D CAD drawings in Solidworks. Beyond the core product range, you will also work on the design and build of a wider variety of packaging machinery, automation equipment and injection moulding tools.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS – Mechanical Design Engineer
To be considered for this role, you MUST:
* Be degree educated (or equivalent) in mechanical engineering / mechatronic engineering / electromechanical engineering or a related discipline.
* Have experience of working in a mechanical design engineering capacity after graduating (or gained from an industrial placement) – most probably designing mechanical / automated equipment or associated technologies.
* Be competent using 3D CAD packages (e.g. Solidworks / AutoCAD.)
Beyond this, any exposure to designing packaging related machinery would be an obvious benefit – as would an understanding of pneumatics and / or the mechanisms of thermoforming technology. Any exposure to PLC’s / Control Systems would also aid your application.
* Prospects are genuine. This is a successful and growing company undergoing significant investment – particularly related to the launch and development of this new, revolutionary product. As the company develops, opportunities will arise for you to expand your scope and develop new specialisations.
As a point of reference, it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Mechanical Design Engineer, Electromechanical Design Engineer, Thermoforming, Packaging Machinery, PPMA, Automation Equipment, Materials Handling, Process Equipment, Food, Pharmaceutical, Medical.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Mechanical Design Engineer reference SP1712-59 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.