A leading specialist distributor and supplier of building materials, seek an experienced Account Manager to develop a portfolio of existing accounts. You will have a proven track record of working in an external sales role and be located close to Reading.
SALARY: £27,000 to £33,000 plus an attractive bonus package!
* Company Car
* Private Medical Insurance
* Exceptional Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* 25 days holiday
LOCATION: This is a homebased role and successful candidates will need to be located close to Reading / Oxford.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Reading, Bracknell, Newbury, Didcot, High Wycombe.
This new Key Account Manager will be responsible for their allocated accounts; ensuring regular visits with key decision makers, promoting new products for the business and supporting any customer queries or complaints face to face.
In addition to maximising the sales for your area and developing your relationship with your accounts, you will be responsible for, but not restricted to the following tasks:-
* Meet business sales objectives, report to the Regional Sales Manager and ensure all accounts are met on a regular basis.
* Introduce and promote all new products/brands that the company sells to your accounts and be able to negotiate pricing to add value to your clients business model and needs.
* Build strong working relationships with other sales peers, marketing, suppliers and internal operations, to ensure your customers are fully supported by you, their account manager.
* Provide feedback and communicate on local market trading conditions to the management team.
Joining this specialist building materials sales force as a Key Account Manager, you will need the following skills and previous experience to achieve targets and develop your accounts:
* Previous external sales experience or account management experience, with knowledge of converting sales data into effective call plans and sales strategies.
* Have worked in the building / construction / manufacturing & distribution sector.
* Be able to self-motivate and optimise your working week to ensure you see as many of your key accounts as possible.
* Have the emotional intelligence to work with a range of different stakeholders on a day to day basis.
* Hold a full clean UK drivers licence.
* A confident communicator at all business levels and able to present a renowned organisation in a professional manner.
We will also consider applications from field sales professional with job titles such as Area Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager or similar. Selling B2B to the retail, wholesale, distributors.
An award winning organisation operating around the world.
Here in the UK they offer a vast portfolio of products and services to an array of UK industries!
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Key Account Manager, External Sales Manager, Sales Development Manager, Building Materials Sales, Construction Sales,
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Kerry Austin quoting Key Account Manager, Homebased – Building / Construction reference KA1801-46 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683315 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.