A market leader, and one of Europe's largest suppliers of shop fitting concept and lighting systems is currently looking for a Head of Procurement to spearhead, modernise and invigorate the Hertfordshire based purchasing function.
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Company car, Pension, Healthcare, 23 days holiday 8 bank holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Luton, Watford, St Albans, Aylesbury, Dunstable, Hemel Hempstead, High Wycombe
JOB SPECIFICATION - Head of Procurement
The primary focus of this role is to implement and manage a new buying strategy for the business following an internal restructure. Key elements of the role will be to;
* Manage and develop a team of 10 existing purchasing staff
* Manage a total spend of circa £25 million
* Implement new SLA’s for the business and KPI’s for the staff
* Assess how to get best value out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, instigate new relationships
This is genuinely an opportunity to create a buying platform from a relatively blank canvass and will require a candidate who is strong willed and confident in their approach.
REQUIREMENTS - Head of Procurement
Ideally you will be a qualified procurement specialist holding either CIPs/MCIPs or the equivalent, looking for the next step in your Procurement management career with an international business.
* We would be delighted to receive applications from qualified procurement managers with experience of managing a team of purchasers who look after a combined budget of £20 million
* We would also be keen to receive applications from candidates with a strong background of international procurement with a keen interest in any experience of procurement from the Middle East
* We will also consider applications from candidates with experience of managing multi million pound budgets and purchasing from across the world, who may be looking for their first step into the management arena
THE COMPANY - Head of Procurement
We sell, develop, manufacture and install complete shop fitting concepts for retail chain stores. The all-inclusive offer includes custom-made fitting concepts, innovative solutions for checkout arena and professional lighting systems. Our customers include the major players throughout most parts of Europe.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Shop fitting, Retail Design, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Head of Procurement reference MT1705-45 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.