Established in 1982, we are a specialist wholesaler who provides industrial fasteners to a comprehensive range of European distributors. We are currently looking for a commercially astute Finance Manager to join our team in Milton Keynes. This is a genuine opportunity to make a mark and develop your career within a growing business.
SALARY: Basic £40,000 - £50,000 per annum Company bonus (Profit related)
BENEFITS: Pension, Optional Health Cash Plan, 23 days holiday stats
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bedford, Northampton, Aylesbury, Banbury, Daventry.
The successful candidate will be ideally working for a business with turnover in the region of £5-£15million, or aspire to move into a SME where their insights and work can genuinely impact the progress of the organisation.
The main duties will include:
* Complete control of P&L including all Management and Financial Accounting (supported by external accountants/auditors)
* Reporting directly to the Managing director and where required to the group Managing director and group finance staff
* Prepare monthly accounts along with other business reports for management team meetings & group consumption
* Be instrumental in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
* Control business critical cash flow and manage credit control alongside all other duties
* Manage pre-surveillance process and obtain licensing in a timely and accurate manner
* Various other finance functions, payroll, expenses, pensions, company cars, foreign currency exchange, utilities etc.
As the Finance Manager you will have a wealth of experience leading a finance function within an SME environment. We would be delighted to receive applications from Finance Managers / Business Partners with aspirations to grow into a Financial Controller or Finance Director. As a business we will offer you the environment to grow your career and be instrumental in shaping the way our business progresses.
In addition you will have;
* A finance qualification of CIMA, ACCA or ACA would be preferred although we are happy to receive applications from candidates who are qualified by experience (QBE)
* The ability to take an overall commercial view of our business and have an input into change and progression from a financial perspective
* Proficiency with MS office software and in particular be very comfortable with excel, you will also ideally be an experienced user of SAP
* Strong communication skills and the willingness to have commercial input at local and group level
* Experience of importing a major asset (This is desirable but not essential as training will be given)
The keystones of our business are consistent high product quality coupled with unsurpassed service and competitive pricing. We are a company that is built on the principles of inclusion and parity, we are looking for likeminded people who are happy to “roll their sleeves up” and get involved, whatever the demands of the business may be. We are a progressive company who constantly look to explore ways to enhance our business. This position is critical to the continued growth of our business; reports directly to the Managing Director and with the right candidate in post will develop into a company director.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Finance Manager, Senior Accountant, Accountant, Commercial Accountant, Assistant Finance Manager, Financial Controller, Finance Director, Finance and Import Accountant.
Please Note - Wallace Hind Selection have been selected as our exclusive retained partner so any direct applications from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to them.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Finance Manager reference MT1709-32 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.