I am seeking an experienced Applications Engineer, who is commutable to Aylesbury, or happy to relocate, with a strong background in the practical software development of C, C or C# programming for circuit breakers or a similar technology
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on your experience
BENEFITS: PRP bonus after qualifying up to 8% of base salary, 5% pension matched, single medical cover, childcare vouchers, gym membership
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Hemel Hempstead, Dunstable, High Wycombe, Bletchley, Oxford, Bicester
JOB - Applications Engineer
* Brand-new role through expansion
* Working within an experienced Applications team of 4 experienced Engineers, this OEM has recently spent £200,000 on upgrades to their facilities
* If you are a passionate Software Engineer with practical software programming experience in C, C or C#, you will be expected to bring development knowledge into this brand-new role and take full ownership of your work
* You will enjoy developing Software for existing and new circuit breakers or similar products like: Switched mode power supplies (SMPS), Relays & Solid State Remote Power Controllers, intelligent power distribution systems, power distribution modules,
* You will gain good exposure to PCB layouts and Hardware Design (HMI and CPU including FPGA and SoM) and also software communication design for Bussystem or other suitable Networks
REQUIREMENTS - Applications Engineer
* A proven practical Software programming background in C, C or C#
* Developed software for circuit breakers or similar like: Switched mode power supplies (SMPS), Relays & Solid State Remote Power Controllers, intelligent power distribution systems, power distribution modules etc.
* Be Applications or Solutions minded and solve complex issues for Customers
* Be office based in Aylesbury, but be prepared to travel to their other European sites where needed to share knowledge
Qualifications: Degree qualified in Software Engineering, Electronic Engineering or similar. Masters level education would be advantageous
THE COMPANY - Applications Engineer
Established in 1976 with a UK headcount of under 50 employees, this global company employees over 1200 people and has an International network of subsidiaries and representatives covering more than 60 countries. The UK turnover accounts for £4.8m of their £115m turnover (a 6% increase on 2017).
PRODUCT - Applications Engineer
A leading manufacturer of circuit breakers and the only resource for all circuit protection technologies: thermal, thermal-magnetic, magnetic, electronic and high performance. Circuit breakers available in more than 150 models and 350,000 different configurations. All models are precision-manufactured, perform second-to-none, and fit the ever-increasing number of applications created by advancing technology. They are also a world leading manufacturer of state remote power controllers (SSRPCs), power management systems and over current detectors. They serve multiple industrial OEMs and end-users.
Markets: Offers technical engineering solutions in the following industries: Aerospace, Automotive Manufacturing, Motorsport, Automation & Process Control, Medical Equipment, Pharmaceutical & Food, Commercial Vehicles, Rail, Watercraft & RV, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Power Generation, Telecoms, Steel Production, Household, Hobby & Garden.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Applications Engineer reference JAC1802-35 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.