I am seeking an experienced Sales Engineer, commutable to Bedford with a strong background in business development, ideally within Non-Destructive Testing equipment/instrumentation.
SALARY: Up to £40,000 dependant on experience
BENEFITS: individual bonus up to £15,000 3% pension matched 20 days holiday rising to 25 by 1 day per year all bank holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Luton, Milton Keynes, St Neots, Northampton, Rushden, Hitchin, Stevenage, Woburn, Leighton Buzzard, Ampthill, Flitwick
JOB SPECIFICATION - Sales Engineer
* Responsible for driving new Sales and Distribution of all Non-Destructive Test (NDT) products and instrumentation included in the concrete, metal and paper NDT product lines
* With an average product value of £3,500 per item, you will be selling Non-Destructive Test equipment/instrumentation. Materials Test equipment, Laboratory testing equipment and/or Environmental testing equipment
* Sell direct to end users and channel resellers with face to face
* 80/20 new business development / account management split
* Demonstrations/presentations on site. and develop new markets for their products
* Be able to create your own Sales action plan and have a process as to how you will develop your sales with new customers
* Sales reporting using SAP
* Follow-up on Sales quotations and assist in order processing with your back-office team
* Work closely with your Line Manager and Product Managers (some are based out of the UK)
* Interact with customer service as required to resolve customer service matters with partners or customers to assure excellent customer satisfaction
* Plan, organize and execute marketing activities with team, such as trade shows, events, trainings and seminars
* Actively and continuously monitor market conditions, identify and report new opportunities, threats and risks
* Identify and report process and product improvements
Please be aware that Sales in the UK, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Sweden are all driven from the UK
REQUIREMENTS - Sales Engineer
* Having a Sales Engineering background, you will have previously had a strong focus on new business development (80/20) and sold some type of technical products/instrumentation
* Ideally experience of selling into the: Civils, Concrete manufacturers, Asphalt, Metals (Foundries), Automotive manufacturers, Paper, Oil & Gas, Pipeline sectors
* Be prepared to travel frequently within The UK and Europe with no visa restrictions (realistically up to 50% of the year but no more than 1 or 2 days at a time)
* An appreciation of NDT Products and Instrumentation is highly advantageous
Qualifications: An engineering qualification is preferred (HNC or above)
THE COMPANY - Sales Engineer
A global market leader in the development, manufacturing and channel distribution of NDT instrumentation. Main markets include: Construction, Metal (Foundries), Paper, Oil & Gas and the automotive industries. Their products are distributed via a global distribution network consisting of both wholly owned subsidiaries and approved partners.
Products: They supply NDT products and instrumentation into a variety of different end users: Universities, Local Governments/Local Councils, Automotive Manufacturers, Foundry’s, Civils
Markets: Concrete, Asphalts, Metals (Foundries), Automotive manufacturing, Paper, Oil & Gas, Pipeline
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Engineer, Account Manager, Applications Engineers, Solutions Engineer, Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, Technical Manager, Instrumentation, NDT, non-destructive testing, tensile, testing, concrete, materials, laboratory, environmental, civils
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Sales Engineer reference JAC1801-60A to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.