This leading specialist distributor and multi-million pound turnover company seeks an Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive to join their Marketing department within their MK offices.
SALARY: £24,000 - £26,000
BENEFITS: 31 Days Holiday, Competitive Company Pension, Share Options and Staff Discount, Other Large Company Benefits
LOCATION: Milton Keynes
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Northampton, Hemel Hempstead, Aylesbury, Luton
JOB SPECIFICATION: Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive
Your role as the Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive will be to take responsibility and assist in the planning, development, and review of the group product range. Reporting directly to the Category Manager, you be a first class communicator, dealing with various stakeholders at once. Therefore, the Assistant Category Manager/Marketing Executive, you will be responsible, but not restricted to the following tasks:-
- To produce and keep up to date records and files for products and own brand suppliers
- Converse regularly with stakeholders maintaining good working relationships, ensuring pack sizes, barcodes, and other relevant information is correct
- Evaluating data and other marketing information to assist in creating reports to feed back into the wider the marketing department.
- To create content/copy for marketing materials and company products
- To build an understanding of the market place, paying particular attention to competitor activity and wider market trends
- To work independently taking a leading role within the department.
Overall, as the Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive you will be responsible for assisting the Category Manager with the day to day running of the department
REQUIREMENTS: Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive
Ideally you have experience as an Assistant Category Manager/Marketing Executive and will have the following attributes:
- To be independent and proactive within the workplace, seeking solutions to any issues that arise
- To be commercially aware and have the motivation to understand your industry and become a leader within your team
- To be able to work on multiple projects at once, often multi-tasking and working to regular deadlines
- Excellent excel skills, with experience of working with pivot tables in a commercial setting
- Able to digest & analyse data in a way that is consumable to the relevant stakeholder
- Educated to degree level, ideally in a Marketing capacity
- Full, Clean, UK Driving Licence
THE COMPANY: Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive
This multi-million turnover company is a key part of a global leader in their market. Their FTSE listed Parent company operates across a number of countries and vertical markets and is recognised as an industry leader. Due to impressive growth they are looking to recruit an Assistant Category Manager/Marketing Executive to help drive improved processes across the organisation.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Joel Barnett quoting Assistant Category Manager / Marketing Executive reference JKB1803-40 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683321 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.