One of Europe's leaders in the production of chemical products for industrial maintenance systems is currently looking for a Procurement Director to spearhead, modernise and invigorate the purchasing function.
SALARY: £60,000 - £70,000
BENEFITS: Depending on Experience Additional Benefits Inc. Company car, Pension, Healthcare, 23 days holiday stats
LOCATION: Widnes, Cheshire
Commutable Locations: Warrington, Liverpool, Manchester, Preston, Stoke, Chester, Wigan, Bolton
JOB SPECIFICATION: Procurement Director
The primary focus of this role is to implement and manage a new procurement strategy for the business as a whole. Key elements of the role will be to;
- Manage and develop 2 existing purchasing staff
- Manage all direct and indirect procurement for the business
- Manage a total international spend of circa £35 million across 3 factories in the UK and one in Italy
- Implement new SLA’s for the business and is suppliers and KPI’s for the staff
- Assess how to get best value out of the current procurement relationships and where needed, instigate new relationships
This is genuinely an opportunity to create a buying platform from a relatively blank canvass and will require a candidate who is strong willed and confident in their approach.
REQUIREMENTS: Procurement Director
Ideally you will be a qualified procurement specialist holding either CIPs/MCIPs or the equivalent, looking for the next step in your procurement management career with an international business.
- We would be delighted to receive applications from qualified procurement managers with experience of managing a team of purchasers who look after a combined budget of £30million
- We would also be keen to receive applications from candidates with a strong background of international procurement with a keen interest in any experience of procurement from the Far East
- We will also consider applications from candidates with experience of managing multi million pound budgets and purchasing from across the world, who may be looking for their first step into the management arena
We are supported by a large American PLC and with operations in many countries around the world, every day more than 300,000 satisfied customers use a total of over 4,000 of our products to make their jobs easier. The breadth of our commercial cleaning product portfolio provides customised, superior solutions to a range of industry sectors that includes transport, water treatment, hospitality, paper & cleaning, construction and maintenance.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Chemicals, Cleaning Chemicals, Procurement, Buying, Buyer, Category, Buying Manager, Procurement Manager, Senior Buyer, Buying Manager, Category Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing Manager, Purchasing & Supply Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct. INTERESTED?
Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Procurement Director reference MT1711-44 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.