The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for overseeing a small team of buyers (4), managing stock and stock budgets for a leading IT Distribution business based in Warrington. You’ll need a great understanding of processes and procedures to enable you to influence and manage the team effectively.
BENEFITS: 20 days holiday, Pension,
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Altrincham, Manchester, Widnes, Wigan, Northwich
JOB SPECIFICATION: Purchasing Manager
Overseeing a small team of Buyers you will ensure SLA/ contractual agreements and negotiations are beneficial to the business whilst:
- Analysing data and forecasting stock requirements so as to maintain minimal levels
- Monitoring stock movement across all warehouses
- Ensuring team comply with standard processes and procedures
- Having final authorisation for all orders within department limits
- Producing internal reporting for stock, availability and depreciation
- Update budget trackers highlighting any areas of concern to the business.
REQUIREMENTS: Purchasing Manager
In order to be considered for this role you will need the following skills and experiences:-
- Experience of managing a small team of buyers
- Ability to understand buying and buying processes
- Excellent in stock management experience
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Strong communication skills across all business levels
- Good knowledge of purchasing and product lifecycles
A fast growing IT Distribution business with excellent core values and specialisms.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Buying Manager, Head of Buying, Commercial Manager, Commercial lead, Buying, Buyers, Purchasing Manager, Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Stock Manager, In stock Manager INTERESTED?
Please apply to our retained consultant Zoe Chatley quoting Purchasing Manager reference ZC1712-38 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683307 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.