Major Global leading FMCG based manufacturer looking for an experienced Channel Manager to handle top tier UK Wholesaler Distributors.
SALARY: £45,000 to £50,000 plus 30% Bonus. (OTE £58,000 - £65,000)
BENEFITS: Car, Pension, and Large Corporate Company Benefits
LOCATION: North - M62 Corridor / Midlands / South - M4 Corridor
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: London, Swindon, Oxford, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds
An Experienced Channel Manager or Distributor Sales Manager is required for a global leader within the Wholesale and Dealer Channels.
As Channel Manager you will be responsible for driving profitable sales growth with 2 major Wholesale Distribution accounts. You will manage the relationship at all levels developing and converting sales opportunities and delivering all commercial activities.
REPORTING TO THE COUNTRY MANAGER - KEY DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Building strategic business plans, hold quarterly reviews and develop promotional activities to achieve the overall strategic goals and objectives for your 2 major wholesalers.
* To be responsible for delivering total sales and margin by negotiating relevant term and conditions and pricing.
* Develop a category management approach to defend categories and drive sales growth.
* With the support of the Country Manager, negotiate and manage the annual agreements including promotional programmes, rebates and contributions to maximise return on investment.
* To identify, recognise and convert profitable sales opportunities and liaise with appropriate colleagues to grow the wider business across multiple SKU’s.
* Working with customers to understand and deliver an accurate sales forecast / outlook.
* To understand the NPD and existing category portfolio, building a strategic plan for product selection and catalogue production.
* To lead customer projects and initiatives with full engagement of internal stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience within a Channel Manager / Sales Manager role within wholesale/Distribution sector and FMCG products.
* Able to travel regularly within the UK and to attend meetings at the HQ office on a weekly basis.
* Comfort and experience in being measured and compensated against quality lead metrics.
* Strong teamwork, communication, process, project management skills.
* Excellent communications, documentation, presentation and telesales skills.
* Confident and comfortable presenting to sales teams & customers.
* Strong Category and analytical experience in analysing sales data received from the dealer community.
We are looking for experienced Channel Distribution Managers or Distributor Sales Managers with knowledge of the Wholesale Dealer & Reseller Channels -This could be a multitude of products including: Office Products, Consumables, Gadgets & Widgets, CE or other products sold via dealers and resellers. Account management skills and building solid relationships with your Key Accounts is of paramount importance. You will be responsible for developing and communicating the strategic plan to drive effective and targeted communication of our global proposition across Sales, Finance, Marketing, Supply Chain and Customer Services being the “voice of the customer” to these stakeholders.
This major corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded products. Manufacturing or Marketing products in more than 100 countries through our own sales force and distribution networks. We're proud of our long history of industry leadership and innovation, and we're focused on delivering exceptional value for our shareholders and customers by providing unique, leading-edge, branded products.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: FMCG, Consumables, CE, Stationary, Office Products, as: Channel Manager, Key Account Sales Manager, Sales Manager, National Account Manager, or Dealer Sales Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Channel Manager – Wholesale / Distribution reference IL1801-16 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683306 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.