A leading specialist distributor and supplier of building materials seek a dynamic and motivational Sales Manager to lead a successful team / region for the company. Due to the sales force restructure, we are keen to start interviewing experienced sales managers that can demonstrate leading their team to success.
SALARY: £45,000 to £55,000 plus an attractive bonus package!
* Executive Car Allowance
* Private Medical Insurance
* Exceptional Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance
* 25 days holiday
LOCATION: This is a homebased role and successful candidates will need to be located close to Cardiff.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Cardiff, Llanelli, Abergavenny, Newport.
This new Regional Sales Team Manager will be responsible for the area of Wales and full management and direction of 8 sales professionals working remotely on patch;
In addition to maximising the profitable sales of an extensive range of both branded and own label products to the top 20 accounts of the region, you will be responsible for, but not restricted to the following tasks:-
* Assigning the regions client base to the team, set targets and monitor your team’s activity levels and performance.
* Set sales objectives for the sales team and ensure they are achieving targets and fully optimising sales opportunities for your region and the business as a whole.
* Introduce and promote all new products/brands that the company sells to your team and ensure they are fully trained and aware of promotions and margin targets.
* Build strong working relationship with both customers and suppliers (via joint visits and promotions) to ensure products are delivered to the customer on time and at optimum price and margin.
* Work closely with other Area Sales Managers, Buying and Marketing Departments to promote the company and brands represented.
* Provide feedback and communicate on local market trading conditions to the management team.
* Responsible for the recruitment of new sales members, as well as appraisals, development and performance management.
Joining our sales force as the Regional Sales Team Manager, you will need the following skills and previous experience to achieve targets and develop your region:
* Previous territory management experience or account management experience, with knowledge of converting sales data into effective call plans and sales strategies.
* Have worked in the building / construction / manufacturing & distribution sector.
* Be genuinely competitive, enjoy working in a team environment and have the emotional intelligence to work with a range of different stakeholders on a day to day basis.
* Enjoy managing sales professionals. Able to encourage and motivate your remote team by being an approachable manager but also an inspirational sales leader that your team will aspire to support and over perform.
We will also consider applications from field sales professional with job titles such as Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Business Development Manager, Key Account Manager, Major Account Management or similar selling B2B to the retail, wholesale, distributors, and/or cash and carry customers.
An award winning organisation operating around the world.
Here in the UK they offer a vast portfolio of products and services to an array of UK industries!
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Regional Sales Manager, Branch Manager, Business Development Manager, Team Leader, External Sales Manager, Sales Development Manager, Building Materials Sales, Construction Sales,
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Kerry Austin quoting Regional Sales Team Manager – Construction reference KA1801-45 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683315 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.