Through expansion, we are recruiting an Electrical Engineer to add to our highly skilled electrical / mechanical / design engineering team based from the head office in Sheffield. You will work with internal and external clients on capital equipment projects - from initial concept to completion. You will be involved with supporting the design team, working on prototyping, through to manufacture, assembly, installation and commissioning on customer sites across the UK.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Performance Bonus, Excellent holiday package, Access to company benefits package including pension, life assurance, private health, equity incentive scheme
OFFICE BASED: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
* We are a design-led, growing company with strong financial support
* This is an exciting time in our development as we commercialise an exciting scientific breakthrough across various business sectors
* We need a skilled, adaptable and experienced electrical engineer to work closely with the design team and respond to unique challenges on a client-by-client basis
Reporting to a Snr Design Engineer / Director, you will support the design team from an electrical / electronic design perspective on new technology projects – from concept to completion - working at the Sheffield headquarters with trips to customer / manufacturing partner sites as required.
You will support and coordinate design and assembly/ installation / commissioning of all electrical control systems and design. You will also coordinate the development and delivery of the electrical design drawings documentation to meet the agreed project programme.
In addition, you will have responsibility to support and produce the Control Function Hardware Specification; to include P&ID; Control Schematics, alongside key control electrical documentation. You will also be called upon to contribute to the production of the Software Functional Design Specification as part of a multidiscipline team.
YOU will be responsible for administration / logistics:
* As a conduit between suppliers and the design team on part / component delivery
* To coordinate development and delivery of electrical design drawings for customers
* PLC and microcontroller software uploading and reviewing
* Production of Software Specific Test Documentation
To be successful in your application you MUST:
* Have a proven track record of success as an electrical / electro-mechanical engineer on the build / testing / service of electrical products
* Be commutable to the Sheffield region
* Are able to think at both a system and component level of electro-mechanical projects
* Have at least some understanding of electrical system design / component specification at the design stage of a project
* You have at least some experience of programming in PLC / HMI / SCADA
* You must be happy producing technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems. Any exposure to fluids, pumps, motors would be of benefit
We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for electrical engineering from a design perspective on both a component and systems level.
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL:
* Have a good understanding of electrical system design / component specification
* Be a highly motivated individual with a deep interest / understanding of electrical engineering
* Be happy producing technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems
* Be able to work in a changeable fast moving development environment
IN RETURN, WE WILL:
* Work for a highly resourced research and development company to support in the development of new products for market
* Provide an opportunity where you can work with the cutting edge technology in a niche and growing sector
* Invest in you and your career development with opportunities to move into senior engineering roles / product specialisation
We are a design led, scientific business tasked with the commercialisation of scientific breakthrough. Specifically in this programme, we are taking a proven and effective engineering solution and adapting the process for a specific vertical market. You will join us on this journey and be a key member of our core engineering team.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Electrical Engineer reference SP1709-27 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.