Design Engineer based in Sheffield to design and develop industrial special purpose machinery and capital equipment through the use of our patented disruptive technology. Role advertised nationally to attract the best available talent, with relocation assistance.
SALARY: up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Pension, Life Assurance, Private Health, Performance Bonus, Equity Incentive Scheme, 25 days Holiday Stats
OFFICE BASED: Sheffield, South Yorks - Role advertised nationally to attract the best available talent, with relocation assistance.
THIS ROLE ( Design Engineer ) WILL APPEAL TO YOU IF YOU:
* Thrive in a problem solving environment turning the ambiguous into viable solutions* Have a passion for engineering and new product design and development* Want to work with disruptive technology re-defining industrial manufacturing processes
JOB SPECIFICATION - Design Engineer
As Design Engineer you will be a key member of a team responsible for design and development of special purpose machinery and capital equipment projects ultimately to develop systems for release as commercial products and solutions. You will have the full use of an engineering test laboratory, involving the need to design and build test rigs / prototypes to prove design concepts to advance the technology and product design. Fast paced research and proto-type build environment with changing priorities as projects won and design concepts proven or dismissed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Design Engineer
* Work with Senior Engineers to design and develop new technology products* Work on full life-cycle sub-systems projects from initial concept to full product development and into manufacture* Help develop understanding of technology alongside wider scientific and partner community* Develop test rigs and prototypes to validate concepts to move forward the design of technology and product base* Travel to customer sites to assist with the development of customer products (European Travel)* Manage relationships with supplier base for delivery of parts and prototypes* Build CAD models and engineering drawings to international standards* Re-engineering existing technology to suit new applications and or improve existing products* To create solutions to fulfil specific industrial processes as projects are won* Investigate new technology, “blue-sky” projects for use within existing technology
To be successful in your application you MUST be from a new product development background, able to commute to the Sheffield region or prepared to relocate. We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for engineering; this can be from your personal or professional life.
ESSENTIALLY YOU WILL:
* Have personally or worked within a team to deliver a minimum of two full life-cycle new product development projects* Be experienced with designing electro-mechanical products* Hold a Degree level qualification in design or engineering discipline or equivalent (2:1 or higher)* Be competent in 3D/2D CAD modelling ideally SolidWorks or similar
DESIRABLY YOU WILL:
* Be a highly motivated individual with a deep interest / understanding of engineering* Hold experience of utilising engineering applications ideally motors, pumps, fluids, steel fabrications, materials handling, etc.* Think conceptually to understand design challenges and find solutions.* Be able to work in a changeable fast moving development environment
IN RETURN, WE WILL:
* Provide a platform to enable you to be creative and challenge your hands-on and theoretical engineering capabilities* Work for a highly resourced research and development company to develop new products for market* Provide an opportunity where you can work with the development of a disruptive technology* Invest in you and your career development with opportunities to move into senior engineering roles / product specialism
Xeros Tanning Technologies is the world leader helping tanneries address their water and effluent management challenges. Xeros is the only company using ground-breaking technology to significantly reduce water in the leather production process, a resource that is quickly becoming scarce, on a global scale. Our innovative, patent-protected technology significantly reduces water and chemistry in re-tanning, which also reduces the resulting effluent, allowing tanneries a significant commercial advantage. Xeros technology works with tanneries’ existing chemical recipes, but is simply more effective at delivering the chemicals into the hide. Xeros seeks experienced mechanical engineers to join the team to help introduce their technology to tanneries, initially with a focus on the European market.
NOTE TO CANDIDATES AND RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:Please do not contact Xeros directly all enquiries are to be made to our recruitment partner, Wallace Hind Selection.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Design Engineer reference SP1706-55 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.