I am seeking an experienced Applications Engineer with a background in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and an appreciation of the design and development of rubbers, polymers thermoplastics or elastomer-based products to come in and really own this brand-new role based in Tonbridge, Kent. You will get the chance to cut your teeth with new and innovative anti-vibration and shock isolation products that are critical for multiple sectors such as: Rail, Marine, Defence, Construction and Power Generation.
SALARY: £25,000-£35,000 dependent on your experience
BENEFITS: 4% Pension Medical (after 1 year) 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays Life Assurance
LOCATION: Tonbridge, Kent
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Royal Tunbridge Wells, Maidstone, Ashford, Hastings, Sevenoaks, Crawley, Dartford, Croydon, Epsom, Rochester, Brighton
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY?
This is a brand-new role through expansion, a healthy sales order book which is allowing this organisation to expand their headcount, so a tempting opportunity for the right Engineer to grow and develop their knowledge of the analysis of the capabilities of: Elastomers, Polymers, Adhesive and Thermoplastics.
Specific product training on the existing product portfolio will be given at the Head Office in Tonbridge, Kent.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Technical Applications Engineer
Products: Rubber and Elastomer based anti-vibration and shock isolation products. Strong core product offering to a customer’s requirement with 100’s of existing core products readily available in the product catalogue.
Main Markets: Marine, Defence, Construction, Power Generation, Industrial in the UK & Europe, USA and Asia.
This Engineering team is made up of the Technical Manager: CAD Engineer, Technical Engineer, Applications Engineer, Sales Engineer this brand-new role as an additional Technical Engineer or Applications Engineer to complement the existing skills set in the team.
· Visit new clients or existing customers, establish their requirements and specifications through technical commercial meetings and project specification reviews
· Prepare technical and commercial proposals and present these to the client
· Assist in the design or modification of new anti-vibration and shock isolation products and develop existing products in the portfolio using 2D CAD & 3D modelling software
· Undertake product selection and the analysis of shock and vibration control systems using an analysis software and a Finite Element software
· Have some commercial exposure (this could have been gained at exhibitions and/or trade shows to support the sales team technically)
· Be prepared to travel to customers, exhibitions and conferences in the UK or Mainland Europe where needed
Qualifications: A Mechanical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Industrial Engineering degree, ideally educated to Degree level or i.e. M.Eng.
Requirements: Technical Applications Engineer
· You must have relevant practical experience post education in a similar Applications or Design Engineering role. This is a Junior level engineer role, but not a pure graduate position, so a relevant placement year during your degree could count towards the suitable experience needed
· AutoCAD for 2D and Inventor for 3D design, or a similar modelling package
· Experience of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) packages e.g. AutoCAD Nastran Incad / Ansys or similar
· A practical appreciation of the analysis of rubber, adhesives, thermoplastics or an elastomer would put you top of the pile of applications.
This organisation designs and manufactures innovative anti-vibration and shock isolation products. Their products are rubber or elastomer based. They have been established over 100 years and have a very strong product and brand name in their industry.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: applications engineer, solutions engineer, mechanical engineer, elastomer, polymer, plastic, bearings thermoplastic, finite, element, FEA, analysis, thermoplastic, technical, nastran, incad, ansys, autocad
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Technical Applications Engineer and reference JAC15027 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.