An exciting opportunity for an Area Sales Manager to join the market leading provider of coding and marking equipment and consumables in the UK selling into a wide range of industries across the North West region.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
BENEFITS: OTE £45,000 - £50,000 Open Ended Company Car Mobile Contributory Pension Scheme Life Assurance 25 Days Holiday, plus Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Manchester, Sheffield, Nottingham, Middlesbrough, Hull, Stoke
JOB SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager – Coding and Marking
Reporting to the UK Field Sales Manager, the Area Sales Manager role will require you to discover, develop and deliver new business opportunities in the market platform with businesses in a wide range of industries including food, manufacturing, processing, pharmaceutical and beverage. The role will be very New Business focussed so the confidence and competence to operate independently is paramount to success.
You will be comfortable creating your own plan and skilled in executing it, self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural territory planner who critically assesses your own performance, you will be credible and comfortable in dealing with both internal and external stakeholders and have the gravitas which enables you to access all levels of contact within the target businesses and sectors
REQUIREMENTS: Area Sales Manager – Coding and Marking
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with:
· Ideally a proven track record of success selling a technical solutions into a variety of industries ( e.g. FMCG, Food/Beverage, Pharma, Medical)
· A background in New Business Sales
· Any knowledge of Coding and Marking, Printing Technologies or Industrial Packaging would be of particular interest, but not essential
· An entrepreneurial spirit and a motivated self-starter to participate in the significant growth ambitions of the business
· Excellent relationship building and communication skills, particularly with National accounts.
· Strong influencing and communication skills and an ability to convey the solution value proposition to stakeholders at all levels, from production through to CEO.
· A real ‘can-do’ attitude
· Self-motivated, ambitious, entrepreneurial and excellent team player skills.
· Ideally professionally sales trained
My client was established in 1978 and employ over 2700 people out of 25 offices. They are a fully owned subsidiary of a multi-billion dollar global organisation.
Head quartered in the UK with manufacturing in USA, Europe and The Far East, they offer a capital equipment portfolio that includes continuous ink jet, thermal transfer overprinting, thermal ink jet, laser and print & apply labelling. After undergoing a strategic business review, they are now looking to strengthen their sales team with a high calibre New Business focussed technical sales professional
The company has an active policy of promotion from within and offers the genuine opportunity to develop your career
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles in the past or currently : Regional Sales Executive, Regional Sales Manager, Business Development Manager, National Sales Executive, Territory Sales Manager, Area Sales Manager, Sales Engineer, Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Area Sales Manager – Coding and Marking and reference IP15069 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.