Excellent opportunity for a sales professional! We require an experienced Technical Area Sales Manager / Sales Engineer to be trained and developed to sell our range of high-quality automation robots! In this home based role - you will sell to customers across the East Anglia / Home Counties / South East region and live on patch. Your experience of selling capital equipment / automation or engineering solution would give you a great head start.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Company Car (Flexible policy / Eco Model) Good Holiday Package including Christmas shutdown Benefits Package including Healthcare options and generous Pension Laptop / Mobile
LOCATION: Home Based – Covering the East Anglia / Home Counties / South East region
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bury St.Edmunds, Cambridge, Chelmsford, London, Maidstone, Croydon, Guildford, Basingstoke, Reading, Winchester, Tonbridge, Crawley, Epsom, Slough, Watford, Dartford
Why should I apply to this Area Sales Manager role?
· Lots of businesses claim to be “fast growing” We have trebled our turnover in the last 6 years! This is another expansion role for us to add to a very successful sales team.
· We have several long-standing partnerships with manufacturers of cutting edge robotic / automation equipment. You will be selling high specification, ‘best on the market’ solutions.
· Our full, structured product / industry training will help you to become an expert in this field. This includes both internal training and work with our partner principals across Europe.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager
This is a consultative sales role – acting as a ‘product champion’ of a specific, technical product line and the concept sell of robots / robotic automation into industrial customers.
Even though this is a technical product, the sales process will be a classic features / benefits type of sell. You will often be proposing a solution or more efficient working practice to a client base that includes key industries including Military, Aerospace, Robotics, Motorsport, Nuclear, Machine Tool and more recently, Offshore Wind & Renewable Energy markets.
This is a home based sales role – and you will be out seeing customers 3-5 days per week once up to speed (which is realistically through an initial 6-12 months structured training programme).
This role has a strong new business focus. You will be making customer contacts from a large CRM database of clients, in addition to organically self-generated contacts, as well as following up of customer enquiries generated by internal marketing.
This vacancy has come about through company expansion and is an excellent opportunity to build a sales management career in a growing sector.
REQUIREMENTS: Area Sales Manager
You MUST have:
· A proven track record of sales success – selling a technical product or engineering solution. You should be good at selling a concept or 'features / benefits' product at a variety of levels.
· Have an understanding and exposure to extended sales cycles (three months plus) and managing a business pipeline.
· Be bright, driven, self-motivated and very keen to learn.
We would be particularly interested in those who have sold capital equipment or some form of automated machinery / materials handling equipment.
Any engineering qualification would be a bonus – as would experience of selling a technical or engineering related product - particularly to manufacturers.
We are a distributor of high-quality precision components – acting as a representative of several leading international component / materials handling / automotive / robotics / capital equipment manufacturers. Established for over 50 years, the company is enjoying continued growth. Company turnover has trebled over the last 6 years.
PROSPECTS: Area Sales Manager
This is a fast growing company with excellent prospects. There is a genuine potential to develop this role into a career and become a specialist in the specific product line. The responsibilities will also evolve over time based on the individual’s specific skills.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
· Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Regional Sales, Area Sales Manager, Technical Sales Specialist, Engineering Sales, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Executive, Sales Engineer, National Sales Manager.
· Industrial, Engineering, Robotics, Automation, Components, Materials Handling, Military, Aerospace, Motorsport, Nuclear, Machine Tools, Offshore Wind, Renewable Energy.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Area Sales Manager and reference SP15092 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.