An ambitious, focused and committed Area Sales Manager is required to Account Manage and Business Develop the Midlands region for one of Europe’s leading manufacturers of sustainable building solutions. You will have full autonomy of your region to maintain and grow the customer base.
SALARY: £35,000 - £40,000
· 10% bonus scheme
· Attractive pension
· Company car (Audi A4 or equivalent), fully expensed
· Death in Service
LOCATION: Home Office (Midlands)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Northamptonshire, Luton, Nottingham, Worcester, Leamington Spa, Shrewsbury, Derbyshire, Peterborough, Milton Keynes,
JOB SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager (Midlands)
This position will be split between Account Management and Business Development, it will suit a personable individual who can think outside the box to passionately 'Boss your own Area'. We want to see someone with entrepreneurial traits as you will be given a lot of freedom to succeed. We are looking for someone who is different from the norm, someone with great imagination and a true zest for life! The ideal candidate will have drive to progress their career and want to work for a market leading organisation.
As you will be working within the Construction industry and closely with Builders Merchants, Contractors and Developers, ideally you will understand the connection between them.
You will be responsible for;
· Proactively maintain and expand your customer base through relationship building and excellent service
· Area profitability, which will need to be reported through the company system
· Control of you regional marketing campaigns and manage budget in line with the marketing manager
· Working towards monthly targets which will be agreed between yourself and the Managing Director
· Customer Relationship Management is a daily activity and vital to the management and growth of accounts, this will need to be recorded on devices provided
· Understanding the product portfolio, training will be ongoing as products and markets change. We encourage all staff to embrace knowledge and learning as everyone is expected to be self-sufficient in their role
· You will be expected to come to Northampton Head Office every quarter for the national sales meeting and quarterly presentation.
· Visiting specifiers, architects and local authorities to gain product specification across the range
In return you will get:
· Freedom to set your own pricing structures, rebate and discount levels for the merchant
· 10% annual bonus for hitting target
· Fully expensed car
· In depth training
· A qualified existing customer base
REQUIREMENTS: Area Sales Manager (Midlands)
You will be taking ownership of an area that has had a turned over in excess of £1million this year, all resources will be made available to you to continue this success. We are looking for the following;
· Proven sales experience in the construction industry
· Successful management and growth of new and existing accounts
· Motivation to win national accounts and the drive to get in front of key stake holders
· You will need to be disciplined and used to working from a home office
This role is open to current external sales people however we will consider Internal sales execs within a builders merchants with the desire and ability to progress your career
One of Europe’s leading manufacturers of sustainable building solutions. They pride themselves on their open working environment and culture, the Managing Director welcomes new ideas and employees that can assist in their growth plans over the next 5 years.
You are in charge of shaping your own career, progression within the company is highly promoted
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets and worked with the following products and/or services: Area Sales, Field Sales, Internal Sales, External Sales, Regional Sales, Account Manager, Account Management.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lauren Lloyd quoting Areas Sales Manager - Midlands and reference LL15226 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683325 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.