You will be joining a successful growing division in one of the UK’s leading manufacturers and service providers of innovative technology used by our local authorities across the UK. You will actively seek opportunities across the North West of England with all local authority buying groups, initiating demonstrations, supporting the tender process and presenting sales proposals for high quality capital kit to the value of up to £2 million + per year.
BASIC SALARY: £35,000 to £42,000 depending on experience.
- 40% Bonus
- Company Car, executive level
- Laptop and Mobile Phone
- Home-based Role
- Monthly Wi-Fi Allowance
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Wellbeing Scheme, Healthcare and Dental
LOCATION: North West of England
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Stoke on Trent, Sheffield, Stockport, Manchester, Bradford, Leeds, Blackburn, Wigan, Preston, Lancaster, Harrogate,
JOB DESCRIPTION: Area Sales Manager – Capital Equipment selling to Local Authorities
As Local Authority / Municipal Area Sales Manager, you will be based on patch and pro-actively seek opportunities to present and demonstrate our highly regarded portfolio of products into new customers within central and local government groups.
Over the last 2 years we have dramatically increased the annual turn-over of the municipal division, to continue this success, we need an additional experienced Sales Manager to manage the North West of the UK.
You will be supported by an expert demo team to enhance the sales process and stand out from our competition.
For a highly organised and focussed sales expert this could be a rewarding role, with a structured sales process and high order value, making your annual target truly achievable.
Your line manager is a market expert and full of drive and enthusiasm, he will keep you motivated and engaged with the wider business operation outside your patch.
Your key responsibilities will be focussed on:
- Developing new business opportunities from networking across local authorities and tracking tender opportunities.
- Managing a pool of existing accounts to ensure they are up to speed with the latest product development and to ensure account retention.
- Ensuring the large region is fully covered; regular visits with key decision makers at site level. (Occasional overnight stays would be fully expensed)
- Working closely with our tender team to ensure they are fully briefed with the key features and benefits that could agree the final sales decision.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Area Sales Manager – Capital Equipment selling to Local Authorities
Our Local Authority / Municipal Area Sales Manager will become the expert on our products and customers, so for the first quarter your target will be on ice.
We require you to have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge gained from previously selling into local Authorities / public sector / government funded organisations.
- Keen to grow your product knowledge of our industrial equipment and become a product expert.
- Be highly organised, this is an autonomous role. You will be expected to self-motivate and generate business opportunities.
- Ideally have prior knowledge of industrial cleaning or waste management.
- Demonstrate commercial acumen; have previously worked to an agreed revenue and margin target.
- Been a successful solution sales manager, who is capable to spot the unrecognised needs within the council network, while maintaining strong knowledge of your competitor’s product and service offerings.
- Most importantly will be your capability to build strong relationships and gain the confidence of the end users through to key decision makers.
You will be joining an OEM with offices across Europe. They have a reputation for high quality and reliability on usage across the full portfolio.
A realistic sales opportunity that sits is a buoyant market with regular renewal / new sales openings.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
- Job Titles: Area Sales Manager, Area Sales Representative, Municipal Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, New Business Development Manager,
- Selling into: Local Authority, Buying Groups, Frameworks, Procurement Teams, Bid Managers, Public Sector Organisations, Government contracts,
- Knowledge of: Industrial Equipment, Industrial Machinery, Waste Management, Ride on Trucks, Outdoor Cleaning, Road Sweepers, Trucks, Waste Collection, Maintenance Service, Construction, Capital Kit, Capital Equipment, Fleet Sales,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: KA15826, Wallace Hind Selection