Career opportunity to manage an experienced team of twelve Test and Development Engineers in the Research and Development department of a high-profile Automotive Manufacturer based in Nuneaton. We need a qualified engineer from a Test and Development Engineering background with relevant experience of managing / mentoring / developing engineering teams.
SALARY: Up to £55,000
BENEFITS: Good Holiday Package Flexitime options
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Tamworth, Birmingham, Coventry, Rugby, Burton-On-Trent, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield
Automotive Test and Development Manager: Why should I apply for this position?
· The opportunity to lead and take ownership of a highly skilled, progressive team of 12 test and development engineers – working in a cutting-edge Research and Development department.
· Succession planning is always high on our agenda. We always promote from within where possible.
· This is an exciting period of growth for us as a business – join us now and help shape the future of the company.
· Autonomy. Respect. Trust. We treat our employees like grown ups and get better results accordingly.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Automotive Test Manager:
· Core to this role is the management of a team of twelve test and development engineers working in our research and development department in Nuneaton.
· The typical profile of these test and development personnel is that of highly skilled, autonomous and self-sufficient engineers who need to be managed and mentored in different ways – but without huge amounts of micro-management. You will empower this team, and provide an environment where they can succeed.
· You will design, introduce and manage development plans for the team – driving continuous improvement, initiatives and appraisals. You will also be responsible for team recruitment.
· Running the automotive test and development engineering department (operating in research and development) will also entail the following responsibilities:
o Technical lead support function and full accountability for the team and the product testing processes within the company
o Allocation of department resource to particular projects
o Sign off plans and implementation of test programs / schedule to meet the demands of the project
o Analysis of test results and review / approval of detailed reporting
REQUIREMENTS: Automotive Test Manager
· We are looking for candidates with a background of working in a product testing environment from any of several sectors such as Automotive, Motorsport, Rail, or Aeronautical. In fact, any manufacturing / testing / engineering-based sector with a highly regulated environment.
· Exposure to pneumatics would be a bonus – as would understanding / experience of working to ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 / TS16949 (design / development / manufacture / install / service of automotive products) or AS9100 (aerospace)
· You must also have experience of managing / mentoring / leading a team of engineers – ideally from a test environment – though this experience could have come from elsewhere.
We are a world leading research and development organisation and supplier of pneumatic controlled engineered products / systems with an international customer base supplying the world’s most recognised manufacturer brands.
The European Technical Centre at Nuneaton is the jewel in the crown of our global R&D expertise. Our facilities are extensive as is our proactive attitude towards employee care and development with un-rivalled work / life balance, training and career development opportunities.
PROSPECTS: Automotive Test Manager
We have a long standing, proven track record of promoting from within. This is an exciting period of growth for the business – and a great time to get on board.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Test and Development / Research and Development / Testing Engineer / Development Engineer / Mechanical Engineer / Automotive / Motorsport / Aerospace / Aeronautical / Rail / Team Manager / Engineering Manager / Engineering Director / Project Manager / Test and Development Manager / Automotive Engineering Manager / NDC /
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Automotive Test Manager and reference SP15037 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.