Our business is currently undergoing rapid change, we are currently looking to grow our sales team and maximise on our new reach and resource following acquisition. We need a driven and enigmatic Business Development Manager / Area Sales Manager to find new business and ensure we make the most of this fantastic opportunity.
BASIC SALARY: £45,000 – £55,000
· Company Car
· Bonus (Circa £12,000 per year)
· 25 days holiday + stats
LOCATION: Northampton (field based with a commute to the office as and when required)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Derby, Sheffield, Leeds, Watford, Oxford, Coventry, Rugby, Peterborough, Cambridge
OVERVIEW: Business Development Manager, Area Sales Manager – Capital Equipment, Cranes, LEEA
To continue our growth strategy, we are looking for a Business Development Manager with the right balance of drive, aptitude, and professionalism to push our business forward. You will be skilled in utilising all areas of the sales cycle, understanding processes, and how to nurture relationships to secure orders from a value of £3,000 to £150,000.
In addition to this you will:
· Pro actively drive new business sales across all relevant industries.
· Work closely with our current salesperson and long-standing internal Estimator to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised.
· Ensure we deal directly with the end user wherever possible.
· Monitor your own diary and manage your own time to make sure certain KPI’s are met.
· Ensure we maximise the opportunities within our current customer base focussing on Service and consumable sales.
PERSON REQUIREMENTS: Business Development Manager, Area Sales Manager – Capital Equipment, Cranes, LEEA
In order to be successful as a Business Development Manager / Area Sales Manager you will be naturally gifted when it comes to the sales cycle, you will be driven by winning business and then making sure the transition to account management is seamless. In an ideal world you will come from a background of selling large equipment, at the very least it will be a capital equipment sale, but the perfect match would be someone selling heavy plant items into a construction, engineering, or manufacturing environment.
You will also demonstrate:
· A comfort when dealing with large items into large spaces and an understanding of the technical requirements involved in installing large equipment.
· A proven track record of a long-term sales cycle, this sale often comes with a long lead time starting with specification and running up to a sometimes-lengthy installation.
· Commercial strength with the natural gravitas to present and negotiate at Senior level demonstrating credibility and securing contract commitment.
· Excellent communication skills, the ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility within multi-layered businesses, optimising opportunities through networking and referrals.
Since the early 90’s we’ve specialised in the design, manufacturing, and testing of overhead factory equipment & structures. After a recent merger with our new parent company, we’re modernising our business and adding the right skills to our team to keep us ahead of our competition.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Manager, Technical Sales Manager, Account Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, Business Development Manager, Capital Equipment Sales, Cranes, Gantry Cranes, National Account Manager, Field Sales, Field Sales Manager, Senior Sales, Territory Sales, Business to Business, Overhead Cranes, Lifting, LEEA,
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: ZH17495 – Wallace Hind Selection