Superb career prospects for a Strategic Global Business Development Manager role with a multinational structural adhesives manufacturer.
SALARY: £55,000 - £70,000 Basic
· OTE: £65,000 - £80,000
· Car Allowance Commensurate with a Senior Role
· Contributory Pension
· Full Home, Remote Communications Package including Laptop, Mobile etc
· Full Out of Pocket Expenses
· Company Credit Card
· 25 Days Holidays plus stats
LOCATION: UK and Europe
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Anywhere in the UK
JOB SPECIFICATION: Global Strategic Business Development Manager / Technical Sales Manager - Technical Industrial Consumables / Components, Adhesive / Chemical Based Solutions
· A strategic, senior business development role concentrating on the UK and Europe, but also globally.
· Development and implementation of company strategy within defined local and global markets.
· Coordinate and lead Strategic Deployment Process for the Global Structural Adhesives business as initiative owner.
· Lead global, cross functional teams to manage and deliver high level breakthrough projects.
· Lead strategic meetings and project reviews as appropriate.
· Assume "Key Account Management" responsibility for designated strategic accounts.
· You will be taking a strategic approach to the market as my client’s is not a “me too” / commodity based product. They have worked hard on and are proud of, the way they have positioned themselves in the market in terms of the size and profile of projects they target and win.
· Often long lead times dealing with multiple decision makers at clients including Director level and including Technical Manager, Senior Engineer, and to a lesser degree Purchasing to whom you have to sell the process savings / cost justification rather than unit / item costs. First year target will be circa £800k, mainly from existing potential projects and distributors and with about a third from brand new business.
REQUIREMENTS: Global Strategic Business Development Manager / Technical Sales Manager - Technical Industrial Consumables / Components, Adhesive / Chemical Based Solutions
· To be considered for this Business Development Manager - Adhesives role you will need a proven track record of success selling a technical product, probably component or consumable at a high level with manufacturing industry on a solution sell basis.
· You will have the commercial awareness to deal at senior level in multinational customers and to take strategic overall approach to sales; also to work cross functionally across technical, R & D and operations up to Board / CEO level internally to deliver solutions and projects to customers.
· Part of a $500m multi- national corporation and established for over 60 years my client is a very well established and respected manufacturer of a wide range of structural adhesive solutions for a very broad spectrum of industrial and OEM markets including marine, rail, bus, truck, automotive OEM and tiered suppliers, off road, wind energy, engineering, construction, sign display amongst many others.
· They are a byword for quality and technical expertise, able to provide solutions for the most testing of technical applications and problems for their customers.
· This role is part of continued expansion for their UK based European operation.
Very good within the company and the group. The role has come about as a result of the incumbent being promoted into a management role as part of the group’s talent identification programme
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Senior Sales Engineer - Adhesives, Components to OEMs, Technical Sales Manager - Adhesives or Components, Sales Director - Adhesives and Components to OEMs, Senior Technical Tales Engineer, Strategic Business Development Manager : Adhesive / Chemical Based Solutions
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Rod Plowe quoting Global Business Development Manager / Technical Sales Manager : Technical Industrial Consumables, Components or Adhesive / Chemical Based Solutions and reference RP15441 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683305 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.