We are a specialist healthcare solutions provider who have seen excellent growth over the last 3-5 years. We currently require a proactive Business Development Manager to manage new and existing Broker / Intermediary relationships in the East of the UK.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
BENEFITS: Uncapped Commission / Bonus Company Car Healthcare Cash Plan 25 Days Holidays plus statutory days Contributory Pension matched up to 7.5%
LOCATION: East Midlands and North East
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Sheffield, Bradford, Leeds, Nottingham, York
JOB SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager, your role will be to identify, acquire and develop new and existing business to agreed sales targets. Based in the field and reporting to the National Sales Manager, your primary tasks and responsibilities will be to,
· Spend around 80% of your time building and maintaining relationships with new and existing Broker / Intermediary customers in the East of the UK
· Focus 20% of your time on direct business opportunities in the East of the UK
· Influence decision makers and close opportunities
· Ensure thorough knowledge and understanding of all company products and any relevant FCA regulations
· Assess and propose development opportunities to gain growth in Cash Plan Business
· Be aware and alive to the activities of the competition and identify opportunities
· Attend networking events to promote the company and generate new leads
REQUIREMENTS: Business Development Manager
Ultimately, as a Business Development Manager you will thrive on managing a territory and treating it like your own business. You will enjoy the autonomy of a field based role and want the opportunity to build a career with an established UK market leader.
We would welcome applications from people meeting the following criteria:
· Demonstrable experience of the insurance/employee benefits / financial services industry (ideally Healthcare related)
· Comprehensive understanding of broker/intermediary management, direct sales and FCA regulation
· A proven history of working within territory sales, developing accounts and finding new business
For well over 100 years, we have played a growing role in providing healthcare insurance solutions, from helping fund local hospitals to providing corporate benefit packages to 21st century companies. And, while we are determined to retain the best of the past, we have our eyes firmly focused on a dynamic future.
One of the traditions we are most proud of is our commitment to charitable giving, a tangible commitment which has been estimated to have been worth more than £70 million since 1871.
PROSPECTS: Business Development Manager
Working as a Business Development Manager for us, will mean working for an organisation that really cares for its staff and be supported by continuous training and planned career progression.
It is highly likely you may have worked previously as a Business Development Manager, BDM, Area Sales Manager, Direct Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Business Development Executive, Territory Manager, Regional Sales Manager or Sales Executive. You may also have worked in the following fields, Healthcare, Employee Benefits, Insurance, PMI, IPMI, Cash Plans or Healthcare Trusts, Brokers, Intermediary, Broker Development Manager.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Michael Thorpe quoting Business Development Manager and reference MT15019 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683313 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0)1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not prefer exactly to where the role is based.