We’re on the hunt for a talented sales professional who understands how to build relationships within existing key accounts, alongside being commercially astute to foresee new business opportunities. If your sales tenacity enables you to create new & exciting business leads across areas we haven’t even considered, we are all ears! You have full autonomy to present new, compelling business plans to help us grow.
SALARY: £35,000 - £45,000
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Market Harborough, Northampton, Lutterworth, Corby
JOB SPECIFICATION: Business Development Manager / Sales Manager : Exhibitions and Live Events
Our current sales process works as follows:
· We invest a lot of time in our existing accounts, who happen to be some of the worlds most recognised brands.
· We attend a number of industry recognised events where we meet existing customers and find new ones.
· We have a portfolio of businesses that we have brilliant relationships with.
· We also chase warm business leads through referral or introduction and at times we carry out a small amount of new business, which can be from cold.
We are not trying to change our process dramatically, but we do want to try and enhance it. We want someone to be able to help us grow and develop by:
· Growing our existing accounts, who are leading global brands.
· Developing and implementing a new business strategy.
· Managing a portfolio of existing projects and clients.
· Seeking out new opportunities and developing business cases.
· Building a pipeline of potential business opportunities and manage them in the short, medium and the long term.
· Possessing an understanding of basic marketing across Social Media, PR and Content. We’re not expecting a fully-fledged marketer, but someone who can see the benefits of using this methodology to find new business opportunities.
· Taking ownership of the sales channel and developing the business as a whole.
REQUIREMENTS: Business Development Manager / Sales Manager : Exhibitions and Live Events
To be successful in this role here is what we need from you:
· Experience of winning new business through existing accounts and fresh leads.
· A “can do” attitude, we want someone who can get things done and be pro-active.
· A confidence to try new skills and work outside your comfort zone.
· A consultative, soft sales approach.
· An understanding of how to be self-sufficient in an autonomous environment.
· No job hopping, we want someone with a consistent track record and a demonstration of success and results.
We create, design and build large production exhibition stands, experiential experiences and live showrooms.
What we can offer you in return:
· We want someone to come in and make this role their own.
· We’re a small team, with a big heart. We enhance our client’s brands and their customer experiences by producing some of the world’s most impressive exhibition stands, live retail experiences and experiential spaces.
· We can offer a rewarding environment, where you can develop and learn.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Account Manager, Sales
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Philip Monkman quoting Business Development Manager / Sales Manager : Exhibitions and Live Events and reference PM15582 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683308 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.