Are you a driven and ambitious Business Development Manager with sales experience and the desire to progress with a stable and progressive manufacturer? If so, then this is a special opportunity to take on an existing territory (£1.5m per annum) and develop existing accounts with new products, coupled with opening new accounts.
SALARY: £26,000 - £28,000
· Commission OTE: £42,000 - GUARANTEED for first 6 / 12 months (negotiable)
· 1% Commission on ALL Territory Sales (paid monthly and UNCAPPED)
· Fully Expensed Company Car
· £2.00 per day Lunch Allowance (£480 per annum)
· £10 per month Broadband
· 21 Days Annual Holiday (rising each year after 5 years’ service, by one extra day up to a maximum of 26 days)
· Company Pension (3% Company Contribution)
· Laptop & Mobile Phone
LOCATION: This is a field-based Business Development role, covering a large territory including Southern England, the South West and South Wales.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: As this is a field based role, it is envisaged that successful applicants will be located in and around where the majority of the major accounts are located: Reading, South London (south of the River Thames), Maidstone, Guildford, Brighton, Basingstoke, Horsham, Slough, Woking, Windsor, Hounslow, Croydon, Oxford, Newbury.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Business Development Manager / Area Sales Representative : B2B / Retail / FMCG
We are seeking to attract field sales professionals from different backgrounds, products, services and market sectors to sell our products into both B2B and the retail sectors.You will receive full personalised training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Business Development Manager / Area Sales Representative : B2B / Retail / FMCG
Based from home, you will cover and manage an established customer base (current territory : £1.5m per annum), calling on janitorial distributors, hygiene distributors, wholesalers, food service wholesalers, buying groups (and members), cash & carries and larger retailers.
Your main Business Development Manager responsibilities will be to:
· Take ownership for the achievement of your annual sales plan by driving both the strategy and execution, while mapping out the mechanics of each customer in order to drive profitable business growth
· Maintain relationships with existing customers whilst developing sales with the introduction of new products (80% of role)
· New business development through own networking and prospecting (20% of role)
· Selling a very wide range of products (both branded and own label)
· Increase revenue in line with sales targets set
· Prioritise journey-planning in order to effectively cover a large geographic territory (estimated annual mileage 30,000 miles)
· Customer relationship management
· Report-writing using Excel, Work, PowerPoint and ERP system
We are a trusted brand and UK manufacturer of FMCG products selling into both the B2B and Retail sectors. Our business has a long heritage and with very valuable customer relationships across different groups, from wholesale through to distributors and household-name supermarkets. Our business has been around for nearly 70 years and our product range is recession proof & non seasonal! Our values include strong ethics, coupled with an emphasis on customer delight. We are constantly developing our customer channels through targeting new products and winning new clients.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Executive, Sales Representative, Business Development Manager, Trainee Sales Representative, FMCG Sales, Health Care Sales, Product Sales, B2B (Business-to-Business) Sales, Sales Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Field Sales Executive, Internal Sales
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.