This major manufacturer who provide FMCG to top supermarkets across the UK are looking for an experienced Category Manager to translate consumer insights into promotional plans to best and most profitably deliver their branded products.
SALARY: £40,000 - £50,000
· 30 Days Holiday
· Annual Occupational Health Checks
· Staff Shop Memberships (discounts for retailers, gyms & restaurants), Costco membership
· 10% Discount on UK Holiday's
· Free Onsite Parking
· Pension 3.5%
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Rugby, Daventry, Kettering, Wellingborough, Towcester, Coventry
JOB SPECIFICATION: Category Manager – FMCG and Retail
We are on the lookout for an analytically minded yet creative individual who has the ability to develop strategies and tactics which will influence consumers through innovative marketing plans. You will be expected to use all available data sources to help deliver and develop category management arguments and relationships with our customers, ranging from simple ‘selling stories’ at one end to category / sub category partnerships at the other, all with the aim to increase the brand share and profitability.
Other responsibilities will include;
· The creation and development of category strategies by brand
· Working with the sales team to develop and deliver commercial propositions to the trade that drive business growth
· Work with retailers to ensure that their products are not only occupying as much of the retailer’s shelf space as possible, but that they are also placed in the most beneficial parts of the shelves
· Using the 4 P’s (Price, Product, Promotion, and Place) to shape strategies that are most effective on shelf
· Working with the account team to manage and deliver category and range reviews to help deliver company objectives
· Generate key trade actions and arguments using all available data
REQUIREMENTS: Category Manager – FMCG and Retail
You will be required to work with the brand marketing team to create arguments and presentations to help the sales team deliver NPD concepts and then aid in delivering these presentations to accounts.
To be a successful Category Manager you must obtain the following;
· Working knowledge of key data sources such as IRI, Dunnhumby & Kantar
· A strong, commercially aware, professional deliverer of face to face presentations.
· Previous experience from within an FMCG market place, particularly from a category related role
· Proven track record with delivering category management projects & objectives
· Flexibility and be able to work well under pressure as part of a small team
· Demonstrates creativity to deliver brand activities
An organisation with a culture that looks after and develops its staff to grow together. This role sits within the marketing function of the commercial division which supplies to major UK supermarket.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Category Manager, Buyer, Product Manager, Assistant Category Manager, Product Marketing Manager, Procurement Category Manager, Supplier Manager, Category Insight Manager,
INTERESTED? Please apply to our consultant Lauren Lloyd quoting Category Manager – FMCG and Retail and reference LL15294 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683325 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.