We are one of the worlds leading networking hardware vendors, due to substantial growth we require an experienced Channel Sales Manager / VAR Sales Manager to look after our Tier 1 corporate resellers / VARS and recruit new partners on board. Office is based in Reading but there is flexibility to work from home.
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000
· £15,000 - £20,000 OTE
· Car Allowance
· Private Healthcare
· 20 Days Holiday
LOCATION: Reading - Can be home based
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Basingstoke, Camberley, Slough, Wokingham, Bracknell, London
JOB DESCRIPTION: Channel Sales Manager / VAR Account Manager
We are looking for someone to manage, grow and develop an already active base of Tier 1 corporate resellers. You will be able to hit the ground running with this set of accounts as well as build and recruit new Tier 1 partners on board.
Additionally you will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Managing and taking ownership of Tier 1 VAR / Reseller partners across the UK
· Building and leveraging distribution relationships to identify new VAR and SMB opportunities
· Developing new and existing partners through business planning, regular customer contact and creative initiatives.
· Working within a team environment and offering support to other areas of the business when required, occasional trade show cover and training weekends.
· Segmenting and developing key partners using sound judgement and effective time management to develop Tier 1 customers to drive volume opportunities. Also ensuring the unmanaged reseller base are being managed effectively through mass marketing and partner program activity.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Channel Sales Manager / VAR Account Manager
We require someone who has already established themselves within the IT channel, therefore you will have a solid background in IT hardware / Networking hardware sales, selling to major corporate resellers / VARs such as Insight, CDW, Softcat, Computacenter.
Additionally you will have the following skills and experiences:
· Proven experience working in a sales capacity within either a Vendor or Distributor within the technology channel (Hardware / Networking / Consumer electronics)
· Experience of managing tier 1 channel partners (Resellers, VARS)
· Full UK Driving licence as regular customer visits will be required across the UK
· Strong customer facing skills
· Ability to present, train and build business plans with key customers
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Channel sales, Sales, IT Sales, Reseller Account Manager, VAR Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, Channel, IT channel, Corporate Sales Manager
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.