Do you have strong sales experience selling IT hardware / Consumer Electronics into IT Resellers / VARS? Do you want to progress your career within an IT Vendor?
SALARY: £45,000 - £50,000
· £15,000 - £20,000 OTE
· Car Allowance
· Private Healthcare
· 20 Days Holiday
LOCATION: Reading - Can be home based
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Basingstoke, Camberley, Slough, Wokingham, Bracknell, London
JOB DESCRIPTION: Channel Sales Manager / VAR Account Manager
You will be responsible for managing, growing and developing an already active base of Tier 1 corporate resellers / VARS, as well as developing new business opportunities within the channel.
Additionally you will be responsible for but not limited to:
· Managing and taking ownership of Tier 1 VAR / Reseller partners across the UK
· Building and leveraging distribution relationships to identify new VAR and SMB opportunities
· Developing new and existing partners through business planning, regular customer contact and creative initiatives.
· Working within a team environment and offering support to other areas of the business when required, occasional trade show cover and training weekends.
· Segmenting and developing key partners using sound judgement and effective time management to develop Tier 1 customers to drive volume opportunities. Also ensuring the unmanaged reseller base are being managed effectively through mass marketing and partner program activity.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Channel Sales Manager / VAR Account Manager
This role will appeal to you if you have already established yourself within the IT channel, therefore you will have a background in IT hardware / Networking hardware sales or consumer electronics, selling to major corporate resellers / VARs such as Insight, CDW, Softcat, Computacenter.
This role will also appeal to you if you are looking to progress your career within this channel, looking for more responsibility and of course earning potential.
Additionally you will have the following skills and experiences:
· Proven experience working in a sales capacity within either a Vendor or Distributor within the technology channel (Hardware / Networking / Consumer Electronics)
· Experience of managing Tier 1 channel partners (Resellers, VARS)
· Full UK Driving licence as regular customer visits will be required across the UK
· Strong customer facing skills
· Ability to present, train and build business plans with key customers
For more information please send in your CV or give Zoe Chatley a call.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Channel sales, Sales, IT Sales, Reseller Account Manager, VAR Account Manager, Channel Account Manager, Channel, IT channel, Corporate Sales Manager