Creating greener energy efficient alternatives to green house gases in the refrigeration industry. With the backing of a billion-dollar business you are tasked with creating and evolving the market strategy for a truly disruptive product offering.
SALARY: £75,000 - £80,000
· £15,000 - £20,000 Bonus (25% Bonus Scheme)
· Car Allowance (£7,000 / £8,000)
· 14% Pension (9% from Employer, 5% Employee)
· Healthcare inc family,
· 25 Days Holiday,
· Onsite Gym
· Full Travel Expenses
LOCATION: Based from our Runcorn offices your remit will be to cover THE WORLD
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: You must be commutable to the Runcorn office and global travel (particularly Japan and the US), although you could currently live: Liverpool, Manchester, Chester, Crewe, Macclesfield, Stockport, Stoke on Trent, Wigan, Bolton, St Helens or Warrington.
This role will appeal to you if you:
· Are a strong commercially minded people focused manager.
· Want to be with a business at the forefront of innovation, one that is committed to cleaner gases.
· Enjoy working in a global matrix environment where you can drive strategy and direction.
· Are career focused, with succession planning being a prominence in your own ethos.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Global Business Development Manager - HFC Manufacturer : Medical Propellants, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
This is a brand-new role and division within the business, the world is striving for greener, energy efficient products in the air conditioning and electric vehicle market this has been a challenge.
Having invested heavily in new product development we would like you to take advantage of some technological advantages and take a truly innovative and disruptive product offering to market.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Global Business Development Manager - HFC Manufacturer : Medical Propellants, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Commercial Director we need you to:
· Create, consistently evolve and drive a global business strategy.
· Manage and develop a team of 20 (2 direct, 18 indirect, sales, marketing and technical).
· Communicate clearly across functions and regions to engage with global customers, ensuring a ‘single message’.
· Feedback to internal technical teams to ensure NPD is fit for purpose.
· Targeting the global air conditioning and electric vehicle markets.
· Gain a clear understanding of the drive for change – international legislation / regulation, individual country commitments.
· Identify total landscape of competitor products, what are they delivering / claiming.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Global Business Development Manager - HFC Manufacturer : Medical Propellants, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
To be successful in your application you must have presence, gravitas and a personality which breaks down barriers and inspires engagement through understanding, knowledge and empathy. You will be degree educated and ideally completed an MBA.
We are interested in candidates who have previously:
· Sold to the US, Europe and / or Japanese based corporations and travelled extensively.
· Developed and implemented sales and marketing strategies in a complex matrix bias organisation.
· Introduced new products / alternative technologies to existing clients.
· Operated with technically bias industrial products – Chemicals / Gases / Adhesives.
· Built a team which has consistently delivered and developed a strong identity.
Obviously, any experience of working within a heavily regulated field with be a distinct advantage, however, whilst experience of our market is not an essential requirement, it is expected that you will quickly immerse yourself in the legality and regulations we are bound by.
When we say a global player, we really mean it! We are proud to have operations in over 40 countries worldwide (commercial activities in 100) and 20,000 employees, our products are used by billions of consumers every day, from the air conditioning in your car, through to using an inhaler (we have 75% market share) we truly are global. This role focuses on the division which manufactures HFC’s for Medical Propellants, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
Whilst HFC products are safe and energy efficient they are a contributor to global warming, we are acutely aware of this and have been investing in the development of new greener energy efficient products.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Sales Director, Business Unit Director, International Sales Manager, Global Business Development Manager
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.