Based in Lincoln, this is a Chief Executive role, with a twist. To start with, we are a commercially driven Social Enterprise, committed to developing the skills of young people. We are looking for a visionary Chief Executive, either from a commercial organisation or with a mix of NFP and Commercial experience to take ownership of our exciting 5 year plan, ensuring we continue to expand our services and reach.
SALARY: £75,000 - £85,000 basic
· Performance Related Pay, up to 10% of salary
· Company Car
· Non-Contributory 6% pension
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
· 4 x Salary Life Assurance
· Optional Private Medical
LOCATION: This role is based in Lincoln but is advertised nationally to attract the best candidate.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Lincoln, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Peterborough, Grantham, Boston, Skegness, Grimsby, Scunthorpe, Newark-on-Trent, Worksop.
You would apply for this Chief Executive role because:
· You’ve got the vision and leadership skills to take your commercial abilities into a fast growing Not-For-Profit organisation that challenges convention.
· You’re passionate about creating opportunities and supporting coming generations to reach their full potential.
· You want to build a lasting legacy that will enrich lives far beyond the short-term.
Chief Executive – Role Overview
For the past 17 years we have grown our business from a standing start to one of the UK’s most successful and financially independent, Commercial Social Enterprises. Working with a range of organisations & partners we provide specialised services and solutions for Education and Business. It’s our passion for developing the skills of young people, combined with a strong commercial outlook that means we are now ready for the next exciting stage in our growth journey.
As Chief Executive you’ll take ownership of our 5 year (and beyond) business strategy. As such you will:
· Work closely with the Board of Directors and our Leadership Team to agree and deliver both key priorities and our vision for ongoing activities, taking into account our core values and key strategic issues for our clients and the areas in which we operate.
· Provide leadership and clear direction for the organisation, building strong relationships with stakeholders and partners, embedding the core values.
· Ensure that the organisation is cost effective, viable and financially sound, while exploring all funding sources to maximise income for the provision of a range of activities and innovative solutions to local and national issues, with a focus on diversification within our brands and services.
· Develop effective organisational structures for the delivery of an exceptional customer-focused service to schools and businesses, agreeing objectives and goals that match the needs of the business and hold people accountable for meeting agreed priorities and deadlines.
The above is a summary of the key areas of responsibility for the Chief Executive position, a full role breakdown will be provided.
Chief Executive – Personal Profile:
As Chief Executive you should be able to demonstrate the following core capabilities / knowledge:
· Experience of successfully operating at a Senior Executive Level in a Commercial organisation or with a mix of NFP (Not-For-Profit) and Commercial exposure, with a proven track record of leading and motivating managers and teams to work towards performance targets.
· Experience of reporting and managing social impact at a strategic level.
· Setting and managing departmental milestones against business objectives.
· Evidence of a dedicated customer focussed approach.
· Track record of successful income generation or management thereof.
· Understanding of legislation and the impact of codes of professional conduct and practice.
Ultimately, we are seeking an individual with the perfect balance of strategic vision, commercial acumen and inspirational leadership.
Established in 2001, we are a passionate social enterprise that employs over 60 people across 3 UK locations. We create innovative partnerships with organisations that help to support young people to develop the skills they need to thrive and survive in today’s commercial world.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Chief Executive, Managing Director, CEO, Director, Deputy Chief Executive, Commercial Director, Executive Director, Chief Executive Officer, Commercial, Not-For-Profit, Social Enterprise, Charity.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Lee Henning quoting Chief Executive and reference LH14972 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683314 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.