An exciting Senior level role for an experienced and successful Commercial Sales Director. The role is to create & deliver growth and exploit synergies across 10 separate Precision Engineering businesses
SALARY: Basic £80,000 - £85,000
· OTE: £90,000 - £100,000
· Company Car
· Group Pension
· Additional Group Benefits
· 25 Days Annual Leave plus Stats
LOCATION: This is a Home Based role (with travel to the Head Office in Hertfordshire) and we believe that you could live anywhere within the Home Counties / Midlands
JOB SPECIFICATION: Commercial Sales Director : Engineering Solutions
This is a new role reporting into the Divisional Managing Director. As Commercial Sales Director you will be the commercial figure head responsible for driving and delivering growth across our division of precision engineering / assembly companies that make up the group. This new position will join the Managing Director and the Operations Director to form the board of 10 separate engineering businesses that operate across numerous market sectors including, Aerospace, Defence, Automotive, Oil and Gas and other Precision & Safety Critical markets.
Your focus will be to work across the division (consisting of 10 separate businesses) identifying and developing new customers throughout the UK with high sales and margin potential. Assisting the General Managers and Sales Managers in each operation to grow and improve sales and margins. It will be up to you to develop the commercial capabilities and understanding of the groups strength and to set pricing and quotation strategies across the divisions business. You will play a key role in all major contract negotiations and wins and be heavily involved in our divisional branding strategy, so a good understanding of marketing and brand plans will be essential.
As Commercial Sales Director you:
· Must have a proven capability of creating and delivering sales strategies across multiple sites.
· Must have strong contract negotiation skills and a track record of managing and motivating indirect sales teams to deliver business growth targets.
· Must be able to work across multiple sites and with several operating businesses under your own initiative.
· Must have a proven track record of adding good processes and delivering value to the business and its customers in complex and safety critical markets.
· A good knowledge of Engineering, including contract machining or similar technical capabilities at component and or mechanical systems / assembly levels.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Commercial Sales Director : Engineering Solutions
· Design and develop effective sales strategies and synergies that deliver budgeted revenue targets and growth through multiple sites.
· Define and implement short and long-term goals for the division driven by overall group company strategic objectives.
· Develop a culture of high performance through skill set analysis, coaching, knowledge sharing and individual development within the Divisions separate businesses.
· Work with the groups CCO and the Divisional Managing Director to craft and present future plans and investment opportunities.
· Develop and implement an effective segmented Key Account strategy for the Division and exploit the Groups potential. Play a central role in key account management, attending meetings and events where appropriate and being a senior point of contact for any escalated issues which may arise.
· Regularly review and analyse market conditions and competition activity to give pertinent feedback for Divisional & Group strategic development.
The Group brings together advanced manufacturing capabilities from around the UK, providing unparalleled advanced manufacturing competence across Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, Precision Automotive, Power Generation and the Medical industry. This is truly a one stop engineering solution business which caters for some of the biggest OEM’s and market leaders in the UK. From Fabrication, Precision Engineering, 3D Scanning, Moulding, Electronic Assembly, to CNC and powder coatings - we create engineering solutions that deliver real business value to our clients.
Prospects for this role as Commercial Sales Director:
We are seeking a dynamic, driven and ambitious individual with the proactivity and gravitas to become the Commercial lead and drive our Divisional and Groups ambitious growth plans in what is going to be an exciting journey ahead as we have grown from a single business to 18 in just the last few years. Come on board and help shape our future.
If you are ready for the next challenge and prepared to stand up and be counted, let’s talk.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.