An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Company Accountant from industry to work for a well - established, family owned, haulage company.
SALARY: £40,000 - £45,000
BENEFITS: Contributory Pension Mobile 25 Days Holiday plus Stats
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Milton Keynes, Coventry, Leicester, Bedford, Peterborough
JOB SPECIFICATION: Company Accountant - Haulage / Warehousing Services
You will have an accounts team of 2 and you be responsible 3 companies accounts across the group as well as preparing there planned and actual financial position for budget, statutory, fiscal, regulatory and management requirements.
We are looking for candidates who:
· Will assist producing the company’s group accounts and providing management, financial and accounting information to senior management and various stakeholders
· Completing balance sheets recs, VAT, corporation tax and making sure all external; bank reporting are accurate and on time.
· Responsible for the on-time completion and submission of monthly and annual balance sheet related accounts
· Ensure the effective management of working capital to ensure cash flow
· Produce all bank convent reporting
· Liaise with Auditors to ensure compliance and successful completion of all required audits.
· Produce and provide reports and information as required by business. Attend regular ad hoc meetings
REQUIREMENTS: Company Accountant - Haulage / Warehousing Services
We are interested in receiving applications from candidates with the following:
· An Accountant with experience of working within industry rather than practice.
· Official qualifications would be advantageous, although not essential
· An understanding of business drivers and concepts in order to contribute to planning and budgeting.
· Effective Self-Organisation
· Proficient in the use of core tools e.g. MS Office
· Advanced excel skills
· Data Handling
The company are a family owned business, established over 90 years and are the country’s largest Independent Haulage transport business. They provide the complete haulage coverage including UK and Europe.
Their fleet of vehicles include 17 , 26 tonne rigid and 44 tonne articulated vehicles, curtain side and box trailers and they are able to offer full load, groupage and multi-drop services as well as offering backdrop services to clients.
They are now looking to strengthen their Finance team with a high calibre Company Accountant.
The role has been created due to current company growth as well as projected growth plans.
The opportunity to join a leading supplier of haulage solutions. This position will be challenging but also tremendously rewarding. Coaching, mentoring and training are an integral part of the company’s culture
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles Company Accountant, Financial Accountant, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Accountant, CIMA, ACCA, AAT
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Peterson quoting Company Accountant - Haulage / Warehousing Services and reference IP15071 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683319 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.