Global chemical manufacturer requires a Field Concrete Technician, based in the Midlands, to support their UK Technical team in raising the technical bar within the construction industry.
BASIC: £25,000 - £30,000 dependent on experience
· Company Van with Fuel Card
· 25 Days Holiday plus statutory
· Fantastic Pension
LOCATION: Midlands (laboratory / field based)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leicester, Bedford, Nottingham, Derby, Northampton, Peterborough, Birmingham, Warwick, Coventry, Stafford, Rugby, Aylesbury, Banbury, Kettering, Burton on Trent, Leamington Spa, Wolverhampton.
As a Global chemical manufacturer, we actively push the boundaries of technology to continuously provide chemical based products that challenge our competitors on capability, ease of application, sustainability and cost. With a strong reputation for quality and already established partnerships within the construction industry our UK presence is expanding.
To continue our technical strategy, we are actively seeking a technically shrewd Concrete Technician to join our UK Technical team. You will be self-motivated, someone who enjoys the variety of operating both within the laboratory and field, to support internal teams and clients (new / existing) in continuous improvements and introducing new product ranges.
PRINCIPAL REQUIREMENTS: Concrete Technician
· Providing technical service support for the UK Sales Team (50% Lab / 50% Field)
· Coordinating and conducting multiple client site trials, testing, improvement meetings and R&D projects.
· Effectively liaising with client Technical and Engineering teams.
· Investigating and resolving technical complaints within a timely manner.
· Ownership of a special development project to support our technical advancement.
· Supporting the implementation of product ranges into the UK market.
· Maintaining up to date records and regular reporting.
BASED: Your time will be spilt between operating within the laboratory and customer visits (50/50)
TRAVEL: UK Travel - Company Van & Fuel Card provided
REQUIREMENTS: Concrete Technician
Ultimately, you will already have a proven background operating in a similar role maybe but not exclusively as a Concrete Technician / Technologist / Field Engineer or Quality Controller.
As well as:
· Displaying a clear working knowledge of concrete including materials, product specifications and processes.
· Demonstrating an excellent attention to detail in solving technical problems though a logical and analytical approach.
· Being a natural communicator with the ability to converse at all levels (both verbally and written)
· Strong organisational and IT skills.
· You MUST hold a current UK driving licence and be happy to travel
Ideally you will already be working towards or hold a relevant qualification within concrete technology (ICT) however this is not an essential requirement and we would also be open to supporting individuals wishing to obtain industry recognised qualifications.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Technologist, Concrete, Lead Technician, Cement, R&D Engineer, Admixtures, Technical Support Manager, Asphalt, Chemical Engineer, Fibres, Material Scientist, Mortar, Additives, grinding aids, Field Engineer, Lab Technician, Chemicals,Quality Controller, Adhesive, Quality Technician.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Clare Gibson quoting Concrete Technician and reference CG15487 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683330 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.