We are developing innovative technology to reduce water and chemical usage within industrial processes and recruiting an Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer to help advance this ground-breaking technology. Based in Sheffield at our product development centre, you will take a lead role in the design of electrical control systems and enjoy career routes into product specialism, project and or team management.
SALARY: £40,000 to £50,000
BENEFITS: Pension Life Assurance Private Health Performance Bonus Equity Incentive Scheme 25 Days Holiday, plus Stats
LOCATION: Sheffield, South Yorks
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leeds, Doncaster, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Worksop
JOB SPECIFICATION: Controls Engineer
Why should I apply?
· You will work with a highly resourced and motivated engineering team, where your creativity and problem-solving skills are valued.
· We will invest in you and your career development with opportunities to move into team management and or product specialism.
· Your contribution will also be rewarded with equity in the business.
Job Specification: Controls Engineer
As Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer you will be working within a fast-moving product development environment. Projects will vary from fast turn-around proof of concept, new and existing product design, prototype build, fault finding and test, through to review of legacy products and standardisation of design across product groups. You will have the full use of a highly resourced engineering test laboratory to advance the technology and product designs to customer ready solutions.
Key responsibilities for Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer:
· Attend design meetings, compiling the electrical specification and systems design of the special purpose machine(s) which will include: PLC hardware, sensors, circuit breakers, motor control and fluid control circuits.
· Overseeing the procurement of parts and the Electrical design to include the general layout schematics and associated cable diagrams using SolidWorks Electrical 3D.
· Indirectly overseeing the panel build & electrical installation in the work shop.
· PLC programming of the finished machine from scratch or modifying the existing code, HMI and servo-drives, etc.
· Compiling technical documentation, including user manuals, etc.
· Occasionally assisting with customer and supplier meetings.
REQUIREMENTS: Controls Engineer
To be successful in your application you MUST be an experienced Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer from a design / development background, able to commute to the Sheffield region or prepared to relocate. We are particularly keen to receive applications from individuals who have a genuine passion for engineering; this can be from your personal or professional life.
Essentially as Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer you will:
· Be highly experienced with designing electrical control systems for use in industrial applications.
· Have a successful career history of delivering full life-cycle new product development projects.
· Be competent in with the use of 3D/2D CAD systems ideally SolidWorks Electrical or similar.
· Hold an electrical / controls engineering qualification or related discipline to HNC, HND or Degree level.
Desirably as Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer you will:
· Highly motivated individual with a deep interest of engineering.
· Hold direct experience of working with motor control and fluid control systems.
· Able to think conceptually to understand design challenges and find solutions.
· Be able to work in a fast-moving development environment.
We are developing ground-breaking technology to significantly reduce water within production process, a resource that is quickly becoming scarce, on a global scale. Our innovative, patent-protected technology significantly reduces water and chemistry, which also reduces the resulting effluent, allowing organisations a significant commercial advantage.
PROSPECTS: Controls Engineer
In return we will:
· Offer you a platform to enable you to be creative and challenge engineering capabilities.
· Where ever possible we recruit from within offering career opportunities within team management and product specialism.
· Provide an opportunity for you to earn equity in the company.
As Electrical Engineer / Controls Engineer it is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: PLC Engineer, PLC programmer, Controls Development Engineer, Controls Systems Engineer, Controls Engineer, Controls Design Engineer, Automation Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Engineer, fluid control, motor control.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Jason Cooper quoting Controls Systems Engineer and reference JC15029 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683312 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.