Owing to expansion, we are seeking an experienced Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Application Engineer to join our team in Warminster. We are a market leading manufacturer of a niche product and require an ambitious and skilled designer to continue our growth.
SALARY: Up to £40,000
BENEFITS: Annual bonus Good holiday package (rising with service) Access to company benefits including pension scheme
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Bath, Shepton Mallett, Shaftsbury, Salisbury, Chippenham, Frome, Gillingham, Amesbury, Trowbridge, Bristol, Andover
WHY SHOULD I APPLY? Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer
· We work with some very high profile clients – providing bespoke design, manufacture and installation of our products to entertainment and education venues worldwide.
· We need a problem solver! Every project has unique elements and challenges, and if you enjoy solving engineering design challenges, this is the role for you.
· We are financially strong and growing year on year. We want you to build a career with us – and have the platform for you to develop alongside us.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer
Responsibility for full design, drawing and engineering in consultation with clients to specific requirements – including elements of custom / bespoke design features. Key aspect of this role include:
* Having a strong focus on achieving cost and timescale targets on design / applications projects.
* Being involved in customer site surveys and will produce detailed CAD drawings.
* Taking on responsibilities for new product development / cost design as the role evolves.
Customers are a mix of main contractors through to architects and designers, primarily working within education and entertainment / hospitality industries.
REQUIREMENTS: Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer
You will have a background and proven track record in a Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer capacity.
You MUST have:
* Experience / understanding of sheet metal fabrication.
* The ability to design – reading and producing technical drawings.
You should have some exposure to any of the following software packages: Autodesk / AutoCAD, Inventor (3D) / Solidworks etc.
You should be comfortable interacting with customers both on the phone and face to face.
You should also have ‘hands-on’ practical engineering skills and understanding and not be afraid to get your hands dirty as required.
WORK FOR US:
We are a profitable, market leading manufacturer in a very niche industry. To help the continued development of the company we require a highly skilled Design Engineer. Established for over 10 years and now turning over in excess of £4m, we are a design led engineering business that has enjoyed excellent growth year on year.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles: and worked with the following products and/or services: Design Engineer / Project Engineer / Applications Engineer / Research & Development Engineer Sheet Metal Fabrication / Mechanical Engineer / Education / Theatre / Entertainment / Stadiums
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Design Engineer reference SP14956 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.