Take ownership of bespoke design projects from "cradle to grave" / "tender to commissioning" as an electrically biased Systems Design Engineer. Based at our manufacturing site (near Wigan) - bring us your problem solving design skills and we will develop your career!
SALARY: Up to £35,000
· Good Holiday Package (rising with service)
· Access to the Full Company Benefits Scheme (after a qualifying period, to include DIS and Company Pension)
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Leigh, Bolton, Manchester, Warrington, St. Helens, Blackburn
JOB DESCRIPTION: Electrical / Electronic Design Engineer / Systems Design Engineer / Design Engineer - OEM
Office based at our site (within 10 minutes of Wigan) you will be reporting to the Senior Systems Engineer, you will join a project at an early stage (perhaps supporting the commercial team during bidding – depending on the project) and be responsible for the design and bill of materials (BOM) for both mechanical and electrical aspects of the customer specification / system. Taking ownership of the project from a design perspective, you will follow progress through design approval, manufacture, testing / troubleshooting, installation and commissioning.
· Order values £5k - £120k and can have short lead times (4-6 weeks) for the smaller projects.
· 38 hours per week and early finish on Fridays.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Electrical / Electronic Design Engineer / Systems Design Engineer / Design Engineer - OEM
· Ownership of bespoke electrical / mechanical design projects
· Problem solving to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and meet the specific standards as required by the customer
· Liaise with customers as appropriate on all design elements of the project
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Electrical / Electronic Design Engineer / Systems Design Engineer / Design Engineer - OEM
We are genuinely open as to the industry / sector background of applications.
However, you MUST:
· Be a multi skilled (but electrically biased) Design Engineer
· Minimum ONC / HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
· Be skilled in reading and drawing PCB circuit diagrams
· Have the ability to prepare accurate installation / operation / maintenance manuals for the designed equipment
Hands-on engineering experience and a background with an OEM manufacturer would be a benefit.
AutoCAD experience would also be a plus - though training will be offered if your experience is with other electrical design packages (e.g Solidworks, Eplan)
You may currently be designing control panels for automation / special purpose machinery / HMI / MMI systems and want something more interesting / engaging?
Press apply and talk to us!
Established for over 30 years, we are one of the UK's leading OEM manufacturers in the specialist field of power protection - focussing on AC & DC protection, UPS and battery back up systems.
This role will evolve based on the skills and ambition of the individual. Genuine opportunity to specialise in projects or commercial directions. We will recruit from within wherever possible.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Design Engineer / Systems Design Engineer / Systems Engineer / Commissioning Engineer / Multi skilled Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / PCB / Circuit design / Project Engineer / Bespoke projects / OEM Manufacturer /
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.