An excellent opportunity for a consumer focussed Insight Manager to put their stamp on a newly created role, where creativity and commerciality is encouraged. You will work with a new product and brand marketing team to help drive new innovation into fledgling markets and categories across the retail sector.
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000 Car Allowance, Bonus up to 10%
THE ROLE: Customer Insight Manager / Insight and Data Analyst
BASIC SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Car Allowance, 10% Bonus and HC Pension
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Nottingham, Derby, Leicester
This is a newly created role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop and implement the strategy for the entire category and insight platform. You will lead the review of customer behaviours by using quantitative and qualitative data and research techniques.
This well recognised global manufacturer supplies consumer goods into the top 10 multi-channel retailers in the UK. Due to continued growth they now seek an up and coming Consumer Insight professional to translate consumer insights into commercially viable category strategies across its branded and own label portfolio of products.
You will work with Product Development and Research Development teams to drive new product proposition from inception through to store as well as creating and developing strategic category plans across our key categories. Presented below are some of the tasks we envisage you will be:-
SPECIFICATION: Customer Insight Manager – FMCG & Retail
* Providing an internal customer base with category and consumer insights.
* Dealing externally with Trading Managers, Buyers, technical teams and Product Development (NPD).
* Monitor and analyse competitor performance, pricing and activity in both the market and key accounts.
* Identify new opportunities within the category, justifying those and report/present back to the business.
* Produce, prepare and present key category data and analysis to key retail customers.
* Use data sources such as IRI, Kantar, AC Nielsen and Dunnhumby to develop an understanding of the shopper and feed this back to the retailer on an on-going basis and in category review
To be successful in your application, you will have a proven track record within a customer insight, consumer insight, category insight, market research, research executive. The ideal candidate will have:
* A strong, commercially aware, professional deliverer of face to face presentations.
* Previous experience from within an FMCG market place, particularly from a category related role.
* Proven experience of interpreting and analysing key data.
* Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills and the ability to turn data into workable presentations.
* A good working knowledge of market analysis systems (IRI, Kantar, AC Nielsen and Dunnhumby)
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing a number of regular and adhoc report
We are looking for someone who can bring personality and commerciality to the team. Ideally you will have previously demonstrated where you have influenced products and marketing campaigns by providing first class customer insight and feedback. The role will give someone the autonomy to create their own development opportunities as well as add value to the business. We need people who are looking to add genuine value to their career and who can bring skills, set passion and creativity to the team.
WHY JOIN US?
Our products offer the consumer something significantly different and innovative. We are the largest manufacturer of consumer products within our category ranges and we supply into all the major multi-channel, wholesale and specialist retailers. Our products are leaders in their field and are providing our customers and consumers something different
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Philip Monkman quoting Category Customer Insight Manager reference PM1803-21 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683308 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based