We are a well-established and respected manufacturer of process control software and equipment. The Service Engineer / Software Engineer expansion role is part of continued, planned growth. Based from our site in Nottingham, you will work on projects with customers across the UK - both remotely and on-site.
SALARY: Up to £45,000
BENEFITS: Company bonus based on performance Good holiday package rising with service Laptop & Mobile
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Derby, Loughborough, Mansfield, Newark, Worksop, Matlock, Grantham, Chesterfield, Coalville, Leicester, Melton Mowbray
Service Engineer / Software Engineer
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
* This is an expansion role to take on some very large projects in the design / build / test and installation of bespoke software solutions / control applications.
* The company will support and develop the right candidate – to expand their skills from a programming perspective.
* This role offers a genuine opportunity to step up into a managerial position and beyond over the medium term. Members of the senior management team started with the business in a software engineering position.
* We are a growing small business with excellent client retention and a focus on customer service.
JOB SPECIFICATION – Service Engineer / Software Engineer
This job will be a mix of working from the Nottingham site (70%), and visiting customers (30%) to design, build, test, install, commission, calibrate, fault find and service bespoke software solutions / control applications – including a front end GUI.
You will work in PLC & HMI / SCADA on bespoke control systems for automation equipment, alongside a very skilled and experienced in-house team.
You MUST have one of the following backgrounds - or a mix of both:
• Hands on experience of designing, writing and testing PLC & HMI / SCADA code from scratch – including front end GUI.
• Experience of site-based commissioning, installation, calibration and fault finding of PLC & HMI / SCADA systems.
* You will most probably be a qualified electrical / electronic engineer HNC or above.
In addition, you should have experience of Allen-Bradley / Rockwell or Siemens hardware / software and be able to read electrical drawings / schematics. Any experience of a customer facing role would be an advantage – though not a necessity.
THE COMPANY - Service Engineer / Software Engineer
Established since the 1970’s, the business has a strong ‘small business ethos.’ The management team has a ‘one for all’ mentality and work together to get the job done. 80% of their business is serving existing accounts – and client retention is excellent. They also have a track record of recruiting from within – including members of the senior management team who joined the business as a software engineer.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services:
Service Engineer / Software Engineer PCI / HMI / SCADA Process Controls / Controls Engineer / Installation / Calibration / Fault Finding / Service / Electrical / Electronic Engineer / Rockwell Automation / Allen Bradley PLC / Control panel design / bespoke design / Programming / Programme writing / Bespoke Automation Equipment
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant STUART PLATT quoting Service Engineer / Software Engineer reference SP1803-07 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.