Are you looking for the next step in your Electrical Engineering career? You may be apprentice trained or degree educated & you’re looking for a role you can better develop your knowledge of Electrical Control Systems and Instrumentation (E&I). We’re a global process plant based in the Wellingborough area and we want to help you.
SALARY: £25,000 - £35,0000 DOE
· 10% Employer Pension Contribution
· Private Medical
· Life Assurance
· 25 Days Holiday Bank Holidays
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Olney, Bedford, Northampton, Rushden, Kettering, Corby
Why you should apply?
· You’re an ambitious Electrical Engineer who is looking for the right manufacturing environment where you can develop to the next level in your career
· You want great training, a planned defined career path & an internal progression plan tailored specifically to you
· You want an excellent-benefits package to accompany the salary
You might currently be an Electrical Engineer, a Junior Project Engineer or a Design Engineer as job titles do vary company to company - but here you will play a key role within out Project engineering team.
You’ll be involved in the design of new Electrical & Instrumentation control systems, design specifications & general capital and plant development / upgrade projects. This is all done in line with our applicable HSE and legislative procedures, under the direction of one of the Project Engineers.
With us you will get great exposure to:
· The conceptual design of control systems, compiling Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams, the handover from design to manufacturing & working to project budgets and time-scales
· Developing equipment lists & specifications (cable requirements, electrical equipment, instrumentation) for issuing to suppliers for tender purposes
· Overseeing internal or contractor installations
· Producing accurate records & documentation on completing a project (i.e. the equipment specifications, electrical drawings, control system schematics, PLC programs)
· Compiling training manuals for the Engineering and Production teams
Your background will include:
· Practical exposure to Electrical Control Systems (PLC & Scada) and some Process Instrumentation: temperature measurement, pressure, level, mass flow & / or volumetric flow meters
I don’t mind your educational background. You might have taken the apprentice route within a manufacturing or process facility & hold City & Guilds or NVQ’s in Electrical Engineering. Maybe you decided on the HNC / HND or Degree route in Electrical Engineering & then you’ve gained some exposure to relevant electrical and instrumentation disciplines.
Additional experience & knowledge advantageous to your application:
· COMPEX or equivalent training
· You can set up a central instrumentation control system & the associated remote networks (i.e. Profibus or Hart)
· Experience of working in the chemical industry or a hazardous/flammable environment
· Current edition of BS7671 Wiring Regulations
We’re a well-established process plant based in the Wellingborough area & we supply our products on a national and global scale to many different industries. Our customer base is strong, growing & really diversified to provide you with job security & stability.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Engineer, instrumentation, system, Design Engineer, project, piping, pipework, SCADA, PLC, Siemens, Rockwell, Allen Bradley, project engineer, E&I.
INTERESTED? Apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.