Based out of Leamington Spa, this is a excellent new opportunity for either an Electrical Engineering Graduate, or an experienced High Voltage (HV) Electrical Engineer who wants to develop their career in the Power Generation industry. You will become an Authorised Person for Electrical Distribution and a Chartered Electrical Engineer in this role.
SALARY: Up to £35,000 dependent on your qualifications and practical work experience
BENEFITS: Up to 10% Bonus Company Vehicle 5% Non-Contributory Pension 4 x Life Assurance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Warwick, Birmingham, Worcester, Banbury, Coventry, Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Leamington Spa, Solihull, London, Manchester, Edinburgh, Hull, Swansea, Chester, Liverpool
Why you should apply?
This is a brand new role within the Power Generation Industry with excellent career opportunities for the right Electrical Engineer. You will receive specific support, training and development to become an Authorised Person for Electrical Distribution and a Chartered Electrical Engineer.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electrical Engineer
· Office based out of Leamington Spa – with some occasional travel to Power Plants across the UK, you will work closely with the Site Engineering Managers at 20MW Power Plants to help resolve Electrical distribution issues
· Assist with the day-to-day running, inspection and electrical maintenance; as well as resolving any other Electrical issues alongside other Electrical Operations Engineers
· Put parameters in place to maximise the electrical power generation efficiency of the various Power Plants
· From day one you will begin training to act as a Competent Person under Safety Rules; and within 12 months become the Authorised Person for the isolation of High Voltage (HV) Electrical modules
· As part of the Project team; assist with the design specification & set up of new Power Plants or modification to existing Power Plants
· Support battery storage projects
· Be part of an Operations & Project team that looks at new ways of providing grid services in the UK
REQUIREMENTS: Electrical Engineer
· ONC / HNC / Apprenticeship or degree level education in Electrical Engineering
· An understanding of switch gear / electrical distribution: including the associated control/communications systems. This can come from education or work experience
· Understand the machine modules of: turbines, engines, generators or other machines within Electrical Power Generation
· Relevant work experience within the Power Industry. This could have been gained practically post education; apprenticeship; or during a placement year in industry during your Electrical Engineering degree etc
· A full UK driving licence as you will be expected to travel to various Power Plants
· Worked in the Electrical Utilities sector before i.e. for SSE or the National Grid or worked in the Power Industry where you have been involved with Electrical Power Generation
Contracted to the UK Electricity Grid, this organisation has multiple Power Plants based across the UK who provide an ancillary service that adds stability and security to the UK Electricity Grid.
Excellent prospects and development within the role. This is a brand-new position where you will become the Authorised Person and have the opportunity for direct career progression into a Senior Operations Engineer role.
You will also be supported to become a Chartered Electrical Engineer with full membership of the IET too.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: power plant, power generation, electrical engineer, electricity, national grid, competent person, authorised person, electrical, utilities, graduate, chartered engineer, electrical operations engineer
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Electrical Engineer and reference JAC14984 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.