We require a skilled and experienced Electrical Engineer to work as an Electrical Maintenance Engineer / Electrical Commissioning Engineer on bespoke capital equipment projects from our site in St. Helens. Working days (Mon-Fri) you will work on electrical installation and pre-commissioning of bespoke special purpose machinery projects and also provide scheduled and reactionary maintenance / service / repair to production line equipment.
SALARY: Up to £35,000
BENEFITS: Good holiday package and access to company benefits scheme including pension.
LOCATION: St. Helens
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Liverpool, Warrington, Widnes, Runcorn, Wigan, Northwich, Bolton, Manchester, Altringham, Preston, Southport, Bootle, Sale.
Why should I apply for the Electrical Engineer role?
· Are you not being used to your potential? If you’re a skilled electrical engineer with experience of automated capital equipment or special purpose machinery – this is a highly varied and interesting position.
· Tired of working shifts? This is a Monday to Friday, daytime vacancy.
· You will be an important part of the projects team - responsible for electrical assembly and electrical pre-commissioning of bespoke automation / special purpose machinery.
· This role offers excellent stability, a great work / life balance, and the opportunity to develop a career within a fast-growing business.
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electrical Engineer
Working in an engineering team of 5 and based at the St. Helens site, the Electrical Engineer role will be split roughly 50% / 50% between:
· Project work: Electrical assembly and pre-commissioning of specialised automation machinery – bespoke to a client’s requirements
· Scheduled and reactionary maintenance / servicing / repair of the on-site capital equipment / production line machinery.
You must be able to plan maintenance schedules and manage your workload / prioritise tasks with an understanding of the impact on the business as a whole. Feedback will be given to management on improvements and changes that need to me made to make things run more efficiently.
Typical hours are 8:00 - 4:30 (Mon to Thursday) and 8:00 – 1:00 (Fridays).
REQUIREMENTS: Electrical Engineer
To be considered for this role you MUST:
· Hold an electrical engineering qualification (Apprenticeship / ONC / HNC or equivalent )
· Be a time-served, hands on electrical engineer with experience of maintenance / repair / servicing and electrical assembly / pre-commissioning of automated machinery
Any exposure to PLC’s (fault finding / programming) would be an advantage.
Established over 20 years ago, we are profitable and well-respected specialists in our field. Serving a wide variety of sectors including Industrial, Medical, Military, Pharmaceutical and Power Generation, this recruitment represents further expansion and development to our automotive / special purpose machinery / electrical engineering arm.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Engineer / Maintenance Engineer / Service Engineer / Electronic Engineer / Electrical Assembly / Automated Machinery / Special Purpose Machinery / Commissioning Engineer/ Electro Mechanical Engineer / Automation / Robotics / PPMA / Pneumatics / Hydraulics / Industrial Capital Equipment / Special Purpose Machinery / Filtration / Filters / Components / Industrial Equipment
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Electrical Engineer reference SP15001 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.