Due to a significant increase in new contracts we’re seeking a number of qualified Industrial Electrical Engineers to work on our Central London based contracts. You’ll be working at height (and in the fresh air) servicing vertical access equipment at the top of some of the most iconic buildings in the world.
SALARY: £30,000 - £40,000
· Overtime : Time and a half after 47.5 hours, T 1/2 Sat & T x 2 Sun (hours paid door 2 door)
· Company vehicle (fully fitted out & business mileage only) OR Train Fare into London
· 20 Days Holiday
· Uniform, PPE and all tools provided.
LOCATION: Work location will be covering Central London
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Northampton, Wellingborough, Bedford, Milton Keynes, Slough, Reading, Farnborough, Luton, St Albans, Watford, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, Harrow, Edgware, Barnet, Enfield, Hertford, Cheshunt, Harlow, Chelmsford, Brentwood, Romford, Basildon, Dartford, Dagenham, Gravesend, Maidstone, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Tonbridge, Sevenoaks, Bromley, Croydon, Mitcham, Sutton, East Grinstead, Crawley, Guildford, Epsom, Kingston Upon Thames, Woking, Twickenham, Hounslow, Wokingham, Maidenhead, Slough, Hayes, High Wycombe, Wembley, Aylesbury, London .
3 Reasons to apply for this role:
1) Every day will be different, with interesting and unique technical challenges and a decent crew to work with.
2) You’ll definitely get the best views over London, come rain or shine, from the most prestigious buildings in the city.
3) You’ll get some of the best training available from a growing company that can offer real opportunities to build your career.
We are winning more and more service contracts across Central London and to keep pace we are hiring at least 5 Industrial Electrical Engineers.
As one of our Electrical Engineers you’ll need to be happy working at heights and in all weather conditions (this is not a cosy office job) and you’ll be fully trained to service our range of industry leading BMUs (Building Maintenance Units), which are installed on some of the tallest buildings in London.
· Fault find, rectify and repair wiring panels, 3 phase and 240v motors
· Use PLC’s for fault finding including: IO signal fault finding / error codes / replacement of PLC cards / low voltage circuits and sensors.
· Maintain / repair; Winches, hoists and motors, bearings, gearboxes and clutches, fall arrest systems, hydraulics, slinging and signalling.
Only apply if you are a qualified Electrical Engineer, educated to NVQ Level 3 or have an ONC, HNC, Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Degree.
· Be happy working at height and in all weather conditions
· Be able to take apart / rebuild wiring panels
· Have knowledge of 3 phase / 240v motors
· Utilise PLC’s for fault finding (any PLC brand is fine, Siemens / Mitsubishi / Allen Bradley, etc as cross over training will be given)
· Be able to use a laptop for diagnosing and fault finding purposes
If you have experience of working on cranes or traction lifts it would be ideal but as a minimum you’ll need to have experience of materials handling equipment / access plant / lifting equipment. This could include but not be limited to: alloy gantries, forklifts, hiabs or versa lifts, skates, air skates, cranes, toe jacks, roller bars, ultralift, telehandlers.
We welcome applications from either qualified Industrial Mechanical or Electrical / Electronic Engineers and ex-Forces (Military, Army, Navy, RAF) personnel are also of significant interest.
Above all, you need to be a positive ‘can-do’ person who will go the extra mile for our customers and who sees problems as interesting challenges to overcome.
You will get the best training available, coupled with regular performance reviews and opportunities to develop yourself both professionally and personally.
We are a leader in the provision of vertical access solutions, globally. We were established over 70 years ago and now we have 12 manufacturing sites in 8 Countries with operations in over 100. We employ c2,400 people and our UK Service division is the glue that holds everything together.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Electrical Engineer, Electronic Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Service Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Machinery Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer Mechanical Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Heavy Plant, Heavy Engineering, Winches, hoists, motors, bearings, gearboxes and clutches, fall arrest systems, hydraulics, slinging, signalling, mechanical handling equipment, access plant lifting equipment, alloy gantries, forklifts, hiabs or versa lifts, skates, air skates, cranes, toe jacks, roller bars, ultralift, telehandlers, military, Army, Navy, RAF.
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgement of your application.
Please Note : Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.