Based in Warwickshire, this is a superb new opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Graduate or an experienced Electrical Engineer who wants to develop their career in the Power Generation sector becoming an Authorised Person and a Chartered Engineer.
SALARY: Up to £35,000 dependent on your qualifications and practical work experience
BENEFITS: Company vehicle up to 10% bonus 5% non-contributory pension 4x Life Assurance
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Warwick, Birmingham, Worcester, Banbury, Coventry, Rugby, Northampton, Milton Keynes, Oxford, Leamington Spa, Solihull
JOB SPECIFICATION: Electrical Operations Engineer
· Based out of Head Office – with some travel to power plants across the UK, you will work closely with the Site Engineering Managers at 20MW power plants
· You will assist with the day-to-day running, inspection and maintenance; as well as resolving any Electrical issues alongside other Electrical Operations Engineers
· Put parameters in place to maximise the electrical power generation efficiency of the sites
· From day one you will begin training to act as a Competent Person under Safety Rules; and within 12 months become the Authorised Person for the isolation of High Voltage (HV)
· As part of the project team; assist with the design specification & set up of new sites or modification to existing power plants
· Support the operation of battery storage projects
· Be part of a team that looks at new ways of providing grid services in the UK
REQUIREMENTS: Electrical Operations Engineer
· ONC / HNC / Apprenticeship or degree level education in Electrical Engineering
· An understanding of switch gear / electrical distribution: including the associated control/communications systems. This can come from education or work experience
· Understand the machine modules of: turbines, engines, generators etc
· Some relevant work history. This could have been gained practical post education; apprenticeship; or during a placement year in industry during your degree
· A full UK driving licence
· Worked in the Utilities sector before i.e. for SSE, National Grid
· Power industry / Electrical Power Generation background
Contracted to the UK Electricity National Grid, this organisation has multiple Power Plants based across the UK who provide an ancillary service that adds stability and security to the UK Electricity Grid.
PROSPECTS: Electrical Operations Engineer
Excellent prospects and development within the role. This is a brand-new position where you will become the Authorised Person and have the opportunity for direct career progression into a Senior Operations Engineer role.
You will also be supported to become a Chartered Electrical Engineer with full membership of the IET too.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: power plant, power generation, electrical engineer, electricity, national grid, competent person, authorised person, electrical, utilities, graduate, chartered engineer
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant James Coull quoting Electrical Operations Engineer and reference JAC14984 to DD: 44 (0)1604 683323 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: 44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.